Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant figure out what weather band channel i am for my outback i went to the weather band frequencies list and on there sight and could not find how i would channel i would tune into on the outback.

any suggestions
thanks

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
? Weather band radio is generally driven by the Marine radio forecast broadcast on a fairly low frequency. Even in the Bay Area there are about 3-4 channels that pick up the broadcast pending where you are in a given say 50 mile radius of the SF Bay.

If your inland its possible you many not pick one up at all which is usually when you find out that the state roadway system will have a roads conditions radio broadcast posted for a given area etc.

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5 named Alby
4 Posts
I just tried mine today. There aren't that many channels in the weather band... I just kept tuning up until I hit a good one. Stopped at 3. :) Used the standard "tune ^ v" buttons once the radio was on weather band.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
I live on the Chesapeake bay which is a major shipping thoroughfare. So we get half a dozen weather channels from Baltimore MD down to Norfolk VA and out to the Atlantic providing weather forecasts to boaters and inland locations. I found one I like by listening for the locations they are forecasting for and the quality of the reception.

Tune up or down until you find one the meets those criteria.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6 Touring, which replaced '05 Outback XT
841 Posts
You can also Google the web page for your local NWS forecast office. The page will have a link called "weather radio" underneath "weather safety." It will show coverage maps of the various radio transmitters in your area.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,096 Posts
yeah, when we are on a road trip, I just stop at the loudest/clearest ones and wait for their ID to determine if the broadcast is near our location. never thought to look-up which channel is for my home area.

I could see it being confusing if you lived on some imaginary border between two or 3 coverage areas.

·
Registered
2009 Legacy SE
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i looked at the transmitters but the outback dosent tell you the frequencies only WB 1 WB 2 EXT... so idk which one is for Rockingham county in NH

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,096 Posts
there's also a secret 7th band, select button 6, then use the tune-up button to go the 'xtra' band.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts