Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback base tungsten gray/ ivory interior
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of weather tech floor liners and am quite happy with them. They fit really wel, provide a lot more coverage than the subaru floor mats which are good also, just don't cover all that much of the carpeted area
I used WT floor mats in my last car and the drivers side lasted 12 years until if finally wore though.........
the one I got are floor LINERS not floor MATS

the rear cargo liner and seat back covers from subaru are fine

I do not work for weather tech

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,779 Posts
You'll find that a lot of people here like WT, myself included, as well as Husky.

Good stuff.

Reactions: lfdal

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
I compared the WT liners with the Huskys and, while both are made in America, the Huskey's extended up the interior floor pan more and were much less expensive........like $115 as I recall on a special sale online....

Both are definitely better than the OEM liners or mats.......

Steve

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
Both Husky and WT are great and I've used both in the past, but did end up with Husky this time for the reasons toysbyus stated.

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
844 Posts
FWIW, I believe my dealer has stopped selling the OEM winter mat's and mainly installs WT in the cars.

For the 2016 we bought the OEM winter mats but afterwards wished we'd bought WT's.

The 2018 came with WT's. WHen we picked it up the dealer had the OEM winter mat's hanging on the sale rack by the parts dept like they were trying to dump them.

I also take the WT's out of both cars that have them for the summer time.

I also have just OEM floor mat's in my 2005 which stay there year round and even after 257,000 miles are holding up well.

·
Registered
2018 Legacy 36R
300 Posts
I just have the OEM winter mats in the Subaru because I got sucked into buying them with the car. But my 4X4 pickup has had WeatherTech mats for over 5 years and they still look as good as new, they're the best.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't aware of Husky, they look good also
I don't mind the seat back protectors and the cargo mat OEM, my car came with a package, mat, bumper protector, wheel locks, sunshade.....I just noticed the driver's side was picking up a lot of stuff so I opted for the WT's.......keeping the other mats just in case, also have the carpet ones that normally come with car so I'm 'covered' with mats............sorry it's early

·
Registered
2016 Wilderness Green 3.6R
42 Posts
Weather Techs came with my Outback when I purchased a couple of years ago. The fit was perfect and they still look like new.
I did just buy, on a whim, a four piece set of Maxpider's, $120 on Amazon. They are a bit less aggressive in design vs the WT's and Huskys. They are due to arrive tomorrow, heres hoping they fit and wear as well as those more popular brands.

·
Registered
2018 2.5i Premium
83 Posts
Another brand is Findway out of Canada. I been happy with them since I installed them six months ago. You can hose them just like a rubber mat.

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
658 Posts
big reason I went with weather tech is their door sill to door sill coverage- having a toddler back there with black interior, its inevitable that he drops something and being his carseat is in the center, the average mat set does nothing for the transmission hump in the rear. the fit and finish is nice

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i liked that 'over the hump' feature also......smart move on the makers of the products

·
Registered
2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
183 Posts
I enjoy the 3D MAXpider. Beat out WT and Husky in performance and appearance. Similar to the Findway's above.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
452 Posts
I’ve always had good luck with WT. They are easy to clean, stand up well to harsh New England winters. When I bought my 2016 OB new, the dealer had installed them at my request and after 54K miles, they still look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when i click the 3d maxpider link it goes to lowes pet door that I bought about 6 yrs ago?........that's pretty weird

I think I look on amazon for the max, complicated searching for you model and year.......
good news is, some well made products on the market giving the consumer a choice

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the 3d maxpider looks pretty good no over the hump feature for the back seats, reasonable pricing for sure.......

again great choices for the consumer

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium
15 Posts
All of these seem better than the Subaru OEM version due to better coverage. I went with the Husky's because of the greater coverage under gas pedal, warranty, and price compared to other brands.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R, Crystal White Pearl
561 Posts
I enjoy the 3D MAXpider. Beat out WT and Husky in performance and appearance. Similar to the Findway's above.
I have the 3d maxpider as well, had them in an Accord so these were a quick decision for my 18 OB. How does yours fit the retention pegs on each side? The grommet holes on mine are maybe 50% larger so they don't come close to popping down like on my Accord.

The backing keeps them where they belong.

·
Registered
'18 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Nav
2,915 Posts
I just ordered the Husky floor liners because they have lots of coverage, cover the hump in the back, got good reviews, and are relatively inexpensive. The 3d Maxpider floor mats look nice but are not as aggressive. When I go snowboarding, my floors get pounded hard with snow, mud, and grime. I could not find Weathertech on Amazon. Anyway, Husky looks good enough for even picky me. The all-weather mats that came with the car are almost completely useless.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i liked the 'over the hump feature' on the WT and husky , that was a selling point for me... I didn't know about husky though, so I went with WT as I had them in previous car....
just ordered a set for my wifes mini countryman, their OEM suck bad.

I went to weathertech's page and ordered there directly

1 - 20 of 41 Posts