Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cannot get this to go away!! 2018 Outback. Manual says once I hit "ok" it should go away. Keeps popping up about every 5 or so minutes. And I can't edit the time/date to maybe make it go away either.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,298 Posts
It looks like XM is sending out new warnings through Travel Link. You're acknowledging the one they sent, but then they send out a new one.

I just went out to a new Outback and I didn't see a way to disable it in the settings. There MIGHT be one there, but I didn't find it in the owners manual, either.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I am having the same problem and looking for a solution
The solution is extremely simple and extremely expensive: drive out of the range of the relevant satellites :grin2:

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Limited
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It must have gone away on its own. No pops up while driving around today. Fingers crossed. ??

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited, Wilderness Green; 2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
198 Posts
We had the same kind of thing on our new 2018 Limited on the drive home from buying it. In our case, the warnings preceded the lightning and actual deluge by a few minutes. However, as soon as we left the area of the flash floods in the desert and climbed into the mountains to the west, the warnings ended. I'm guessing they are based on your GPS location and stem from the National Weather Service weather warnings. I'm ok with the warnings in general. I guess if they went on for a long time, it might get to be a pain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts