Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Premium, Cypress Green w/ All Weather Pkg, Bluetooth and Back up camera
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I recently purchased a new 2013 OB and it came with an all weather package. The package included all weather rubber floor mats and they do a decent job, however researching I have come across WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats which are a perfect fit and apparently protect a lot more and hold up a lot better than the stock mats. I have included the website here, if anyone has any opinions or experience please throw it up! I would like to know more before i drop $169! :29:

2013 Subaru Outback | WeatherTech FloorLiner - car floor mats liner, floor tray protects and lines the floor of truck and SUV carpeting from mud, snow, water and dirt | WeatherTech.com

·
Registered
2019 Bronze Limited
205 Posts
I put them in mine a few weeks after i got it and they are the best investment ever. Great coverage and fast shipping.

Someone was comparing them to Husky liners as they have a digital fit as well. Don't know where the husky's are from but Weathertech are made in USA in Illinois.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
Love mine. I especially like the coverage over the back center area where my kids like to put their feet. No regular mat covers that. Their customer service is great. I accidentally ordered the wrong color, and realized it the next day. I called on a Sunday and got a live customer service agent. He corrected it for me and I had the correct color shipped and received in 3 days.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 6spdMT
71 Posts
I just ordered the Husky Liners instead of the WeatherTechs. I've been researching for a few days and have gotten some good advice. They both sound like great products. In the end the Husky's were also a little cheaper ($145ish) off of Etrailer.com

A forum member was kind enough to post some awesome pictures of the Husky's on my "New Member" thread. See here: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...here/53898-new-subaru-owner-2013-outback.html

Hopefully sometime next week i'll be able to comment on the Husky quality.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i, Premium, Cypress Green w/ All Weather Pkg, Bluetooth and Back up camera
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I really like too, how the floor liners are tight fitting and protect that "hump" in the back seating area!! And I'll have to check out the Huskies thanks ZealotReign! Looking forward to your review.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
25 Posts
I had a set of WeatherTech Digital liners in my 08 STI, my wife's Honda Odyssey & and now currently in her Mazda 3. I'm on the lookout for a set for my Outback. Love'em!!

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited SAP
76 Posts
Love my WeatherTech DigitalFit liners, but a couple complaints:

1) If you coming into the car with boots covered in snow, the snow will melt and these liners do not deal with large amounts of water very well. Sloshes around. All weather mats are better for this because they have the grooves.

2) They get dirty and are a BITCH to clean. Just this past weekened I spent about 5 minutes cleaning each one with a sponge in an industrial sink. Had to dry them off and resrub 3x before I had all the dirt off.

I leave this in all year around though. Overall I'd give them a 7 or 8 out of 10.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
199 Posts
I love WeatherTech, my only "beef" is that it only covers half of the dead pedal.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Limited, Black Silica
383 Posts
I only kept my factory all weather mats for a week. Their coverage sucks. I replaced them with digital fits and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts

1) If you coming into the car with boots covered in snow, the snow will melt and these liners do not deal with large amounts of water very well. Sloshes around. All weather mats are better for this because they have the grooves.

2) They get dirty and are a BITCH to clean. Just this past weekened I spent about 5 minutes cleaning each one with a sponge in an industrial sink. Had to dry them off and resrub 3x before I had all the dirt off.

I leave this in all year around though. Overall I'd give them a 7 or 8 out of 10.
Maybe shooting them with something like Scotchguard every once in a while could be a good idea, or maybe something like waterproof boot cream. Any ideas?

If too much water is accumulating, maybe roll up a towel and place it at the end closest to the seat to absorb some of the excess. Not ideal, but ....

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
I'm going to go with the Husky's. They cover the dead pedal better, cover under the gas pedal better and cover the gas door completely. I have a set in my '97 dodge truck and they still look good. Very pliable and easy to clean.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,082 Posts

Yes, they require a little TLC but I have a feeling the Husky mats would as well. I use a bathroom scrub brush (not the same one I use for the bathroom) and a bucket of water with car soap. A quick rinse with the hose and some time to air dry and they're MUCH cleaner.

This is basically what I use:

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,541 Posts
I also will be ordering a set of the WeatherTech DigitalFit mats. When I got my '13 Outback home, and looked more closely at the factory all weather mats, I was very disappointed. For a company that puts so much effort into making all weather vehicles, these mats are a big shortcoming.

After reading another review on this website, about the Husky mats, I looked at them on Auto Anything. Personally, I was a little unimpressed with the Husky vs the DigitalFit. I really like how the DigitalFit fit in the rear seat, covering the tranny tunnel. While I have never seen the Husky mats in person, I have seen Digital Fit in person, and was very impressed with how well they fit.

Say what you want, but after working in a Tier 1 Automotive supplier plant that was closed, because the production was moved to Mexico, I will always buy an American made product if available for a comparable price and quality. In this case I believe the quality and customer service is superior and worth the $25 premium.

Plus, who cares when friends get in the car and see you have Husky mats. But everyone who is a car guy knows WeatherTech, and asks about them when they get in your car. :cool: Yup, totally silly. But cars are supposed to be fun.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
I only kept my factory all weather mats for a week. Their coverage sucks. I replaced them with digital fits and am very happy with them.
+1. The Subaru all-weather mats were a must-have during the purchase of my OB, only to replace them with WeatherTech's a month after having the car because their coverage sucked!

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5i Limited w/ Moonroof
1,541 Posts
Does the tan digi-fit look good with the 2013 beige interior, or are you better off going with black?
Have you went to the weathertech website, and looked at the pics of the Digitalfit for the Outback? To me the tan doesn't match with either the black or off white Outback interior. I'm leaning towards the black, but the gray may look good too.

·
Registered
'03 L L Bean - LOVE IT!!
110 Posts
Just looked both up for our '03.....the Huskys cost a lot more than the WeatherTech, unless I'm looking at it wrong...:gasp:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will definitely be investing in some WeatherTech's this next month, I like the bucket design that ultimately can trap water and dirt, looks relatively easy to clean too. I wish the "dead pedal" was covered more but I dont usually have my foot that high regardless. Good Stuff, looking forward to posting my finding's on here!! I wish I had them now, its snowing in Central PA 5''-8'' today. HAPPY MONDAY!

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
I will definitely be investing in some WeatherTech's this next month, I like the bucket design that ultimately can trap water and dirt, looks relatively easy to clean too. I wish the "dead pedal" was covered more but I dont usually have my foot that high regardless. Good Stuff, looking forward to posting my finding's on here!! I wish I had them now, its snowing in Central PA 5''-8'' today. HAPPY MONDAY!
Jealous! Have fun playing!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts