Subaru Outback Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
49 Posts
I have the Wilderness all-weather floormats and I like them. I think the Wilderness logo is sharp. I haven't really gotten down and taken a good look at them and how they are handling the snow on my boots after skiing, but so far I don't feel like I'm missing anything from the Husky liners of my '14 Foz. The mats came delivered with the car so I didn't really make a decision other than not paying extra to replace them with aftermarket mats.

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You don't say what year your Outback is. Be aware that they don't always have the mats in stock for the 20+ Outbacks. I'm one who likes the Tuxmats over Weathertech. See below for how they look. Much better coverage IMO.
I put it in my profile. Not sure why it doesn't show up like everyone elses.

I think the Outback rear seat protector works great with the Subaru cargo mat and sidewall protectors. Attaching another photo that shows how they look.
View attachment 529824

View attachment 529825
Thanks. Since I bought a car that was already in transit it ended up coming with the all weather mats and rear seat protector. I couldn't convince the dealer to keep the mats and give me a refund so I need to figure out what I'm going to do with them.

In terms of the Weathertechs curling, I never had an issue with them in the several years they were in my CRV. Honestly, they looked the same when I sold it as when I put them in. Does anyone have an example of them curling?

I just happened to check out the weathertech website after reading this, had a lil time to kill...

Weathertech sells an "all weather floor mat" which is very similar to the "all weather floor mats" that Subaru makes. If this is what you are comparing, they look very similar but the weathertech version looks to be cheaper in price. Both look to provide the same amount of coverage and look to be constructed the same.

If you are comparing Weathertech's "FloorLiner" with Subaru's "all weather floor mat", this is like comparing apples to oranges. 2 totally different design & prices. Most will go with the FloorLiner in this comparison as it provides more coverage and protection.

I personally am content with the Subaru rubber floor mats as I am not outdoors, off-road, or in wet weather enough to need the extra coverage. I also have the trunk and seat back mats which have worked great for me. Had this same setup in my old Impreza.
The floor liners are what I meant by the Weathertechs and what I had in the CRV. I didn't realize they made all weather floor mats.

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I liked my husky liners way better than my weathertech liners. They had much deeper channels to trap the water and gunk which prevented sloshing. They also fit better. If you're in the Boston area (or if you're in NH this weekend), you can buy mine ;)
A vote here for the Husky X act contours Went w. front only since very few ride in rear and they don't slide they way the front passenger did.
Do you have any pictures of them? What do you mean about them fitting better?

·
Registered
21 Ascent Touring RIP 20 Limited XT
1,282 Posts
Do you have any pictures of them? What do you mean about them fitting better?
It just sits flush all the way around. The weathertech ones have a tendency to curl.
Car Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Trunk

Automotive design Wood Luggage and bags Bumper Office equipment

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have never had a WT liner curl, have them in all our current rides (Outback, CRV, Passat) and in former rides (Terrain, Equinox, Impala, Outlander) and always performed as expected.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I don't have the car to look at anymore, but those don't seem materially different from my weathertechs. I'm also still unsure what you mean by curling as I never saw that.
Along the door sills, my weathertech ones had a tendency to curl in, so there would be a gap between the edge of the liner and the carpet under the door. You could fix it by flipping them inside out and leaving them in the sun for a bit, but it was annoying to do.
The difference in talking about is in the grooves. They weren’t nearly as deep in the weathertech ones so water would slosh around a lot more and sometimes slide off the back of the mat. These grooves keep the water more contained.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine came with the Subaru weather mats but wasn’t fond of them so went with weather tech all around. I got lucky finding a set on eBay new open box that saved me a little cash. I ended up cutting my Subaru rear trunk mat to fit my wife’s impreza lol.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,215 Posts
Along the door sills, my weathertech ones had a tendency to curl in,
Never had that problem with the Weathertech mats in my 2011, and I had them in it for the 10 years I had it. I also had them in the previous vehicle, never a problem in that one.

Weathertek and tuxmats looked tacky to me. So far, so good, after 10 months with these:
Amazon.com
I'm not seeing a marked difference in "tackiness", IMO. But, to each their own...

The build of my 21 OB originally had the Subaru mats, I asked for them to be removed (it hadn't arrived and the accessories could still be adjusted) as I knew I'd be buying the Weathertech mats. My 2011 came with the mats of that era as part of the all-weather package, they were even LESS useful than the new ones, and all 4 front mats from the 11 (2 carpet, 2 rubber) sat in the basement until I traded it in.

·
Registered
20 Outback Limited
9 Posts
I had 3D Maxpider Kagu mats in my Atlas, and they were fantastic. Terrible name, great mats. They really stayed where they belong, and they had a nice texture that seemed less industrial than the weather techs. I really liked them in the Atlas, shut we haven’t got them in the Outback yet, but they make them, and they look good.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the Subaru mats just before a snowstorm. I was surprised how little the sides were, and that the driver side ones didn't cover the left foot rest.
But I needed mats asap, and they were on sale. $135 cdn.
WT ones were about $100 more expensive.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The upgraded floormats for my CRV were horrible so I went with Weathertechs. The Subaru ones seem similar to Weathertech and about the same price. Which do y'all recommend?

Also, I assume the Rear Seatback Protector works best with the Subaru cargo liner? Same with the Cargo Sidewall Protector?
I am confused about the subject. Beginning in 2020, Subaru began offering "All-Weather Floor Liners" at $135 (MSRP) . These are not the same as the "All weather floor Mats" available on earlier Outbacks. The Subaru liners are somewhat comparable to the Weathertech floor liners and much less expensive. I have no experience with the Weathertech units, so cannot make a comparison, but based on other posts, some people are not referring to the Subaru All-Weather Floor Liners, which contain water better than the Subaru All Weather Mats.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I am confused about the subject. Beginning in 2020, Subaru began offering "All-Weather Floor Liners" at $135 (MSRP) . These are not the same as the "All weather floor Mats" available on earlier Outbacks. The Subaru liners are somewhat comparable to the Weathertech floor liners and much less expensive. I have no experience with the Weathertech units, so cannot make a comparison, but based on other posts, some people are not referring to the Subaru All-Weather Floor Liners, which contain water better than the Subaru All Weather Mats.
My Ascent came with the all weather liners (which I replaced after a weeK) and I've had Outback loaners with them. They don't cover nearly as much as the other brands. The lip around the edge is much lower. They also don't cover the dead pedal or under the gas. They are good if you live somewhere it doesn't snow and just need protection from mud and other gunk from your shoes, but for snow they aren't adequate. Compare this to the pictures above, there's not much of a comparison.

Automotive design Grey Hood Auto part Tints and shades

Reactions: David in Norcal
21 - 40 of 70 Posts