Subaru Outback Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT in Autumn Green Metallic
24 Posts
I had 3D Maxpider Kagu mats in my Atlas, and they were fantastic. Terrible name, great mats. They really stayed where they belong, and they had a nice texture that seemed less industrial than the weather techs. I really liked them in the Atlas, shut we haven’t got them in the Outback yet, but they make them, and they look good.
I looked these up earlier for my 22 but it said they weren’t made. Duh - I searched under 21 and there they were. I may give these a try.

·
Premium Member
2021 MGM Onyx XT
160 Posts
I'm also still unsure what you mean by curling as I never saw that.
I've heard the curling complaint about Weathertechs on other car forums also. For what it's worth, I had Weathertechs on 2 other cars and didn't experience curling. Looks like it mau just be a manufacturing fault? 🤷‍♀️

This is what people are referring to. I think most complaints are about less curling than this.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback
13 Posts
The upgraded floormats for my CRV were horrible so I went with Weathertechs. The Subaru ones seem similar to Weathertech and about the same price. Which do y'all recommend?

Also, I assume the Rear Seatback Protector works best with the Subaru cargo liner? Same with the Cargo Sidewall Protector?
I am 75 and have owned many cars! Never have I had an decent ones from an original vehicle. My '07 Xterra ones totally worse than wore out. I hesitantly ordered WeatherTech. I was so amazed at their quality, fit, etc. My vote goes to Weathertech for sure! .... It felt like a new car to me:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The upgraded floormats for my CRV were horrible so I went with Weathertechs. The Subaru ones seem similar to Weathertech and about the same price. Which do y'all recommend?

Also, I assume the Rear Seatback Protector works best with the Subaru cargo liner? Same with the Cargo Sidewall Protector?
I’m pleased with my Subie mats bc as you said, they are very similarly priced to the weather tech. I’m driving a 2019 Outback .

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,083 Posts
Tux mats all the way. Have Weather tech in my 20 Legacy and don't like them as much as the tux mat in my CRV

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another vote for WeatherTech. The Subaru mats are terrible in comparison. However, the front passenger mat will slide a bit depending on how much lateral force is applied to it. I've never had issues with WeatherTech "curling".

I still have the OEM trunk liner and, since I've never heard of Tuxmat, I may give that a try. :)

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I am confused about the subject. Beginning in 2020, Subaru began offering "All-Weather Floor Liners" at $135 (MSRP) . These are not the same as the "All weather floor Mats" available on earlier Outbacks. The Subaru liners are somewhat comparable to the Weathertech floor liners and much less expensive. I have no experience with the Weathertech units, so cannot make a comparison, but based on other posts, some people are not referring to the Subaru All-Weather Floor Liners, which contain water better than the Subaru All Weather Mats.
The Weathertech floor liners are $180 and are what I was referring to. I did not realize that Weathertech made regular floor mats. The Subaru floor liners do not cover as much as the Weathertech floor liners.

Weathertech:
White Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Black

Subaru:
Hood Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Wood

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've heard the curling complaint about Weathertechs on other car forums also. For what it's worth, I had Weathertechs on 2 other cars and didn't experience curling. Looks like it mau just be a manufacturing fault? 🤷‍♀️

This is what people are referring to. I think most complaints are about less curling than this.

Gotcha. I can't recall seeing anything like that on the Weathertechs I had.

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I think I'm going to get the Weathertechs since I had them previously and liked them.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with these Subaru mats. I don't know anyone locally who has a car they fit on.

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT Abyss Blue Pearl
636 Posts
Just a note to remember to clean under your floormats occasionally before the dirt and gravel there wears a hole in your carpet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tuxmat are amazing. I have them for my car, and my wife has WeatherTech floor liners in her car. I had WeatherTech floor liners in my old car. Tuxmat offers so much coverage. It cover the sidewalls all the way up to the console. The WeatherTechs don't go up near as much and mine always curl around the edges. Tuxmat has a lifetime warranty like WeatherTechs. I vacuum the Tuxmats every couple of months and they look new.

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just a note to remember to clean under your floormats occasionally before the dirt and gravel there wears a hole in your carpet.
What do you consider occasionally? Or were you referring to ones other than the Weathertech floor liner style?

I pulled out my Weathertechs when prepping my old car for sale and didn't see any damage to the carpet, but the car was only a few years old.

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5i Premium
195 Posts
I like Weathertech. I've had them in the last two cars. There may be a better mat out there. Weathertech is one of the few brands that I just buy, without over thinking and analyzing against the competition.

I think I'm going to get the Weathertechs since I had them previously and liked them.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with these Subaru mats. I don't know anyone locally who has a car they fit on.
I got a 4 piece set of Factory Subaru Rubber mats if you are interested. Cheap... Only the drivers mat ever saw a shoe. All in mint shape.

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Touring XT
19 Posts
In my Escape, I had the 3D Maxpider ones after buying and reselling WeatherTech and Husky.

They were so much better than the other two, imo. Both looks and performance. Agreed on the name, weird/dumb lol.

·
Registered
2022 Onyx XT
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I got a 4 piece set of Factory Subaru Rubber mats if you are interested. Cheap... Only the drivers mat ever saw a shoe. All in mint shape.
Why would I want your mats when I have two sets of mats that came with the car and that I'm going to replace?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
69 Posts
I had Husky Mats in my 2015 Outback. They weren’t available for the 2020 Outback when I got it so I went with Weathertech. Both are good but I liked the grooves in the Husky mats more. Less issues keep any boot runoff from sloshing around.

TBH you won’t be disappointed with either.

·
Registered
2020 Touring 2.5L
23 Posts
Putting in a vote here for the Tuxmats. My Touring came with the all-weather mats and they were pitiful compared to the quality and coverage of Tuxmats.

Here are some before & after photos

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Outback Limited XT
7 Posts
Like others have said, the all-weather mats that came with my car just don't have enough coverage that I would like. In a snowy climate for me in Canada, I was more coverage but I'm on the fence between the WeatherTechs and Tuxmats. I have no experience with either, but my friend swears by the Weathertechs and has them in all his cars and his previous X3 for a number of years.

Reactions: David in Norcal

·
Registered
7 Posts

When we traded out 2016 for a new 2021 Ltd Outback - it came with Weathertech FROM THE DEALER,
rjl

·
Registered
'22 OB Limited XT Abyss Blue
733 Posts
Like others have said, the all-weather mats that came with my car just don't have enough coverage that I would like. In a snowy climate for me in Canada, I was more coverage but I'm on the fence between the WeatherTechs and Tuxmats. I have no experience with either, but my friend swears by the Weathertechs and has them in all his cars and his previous X3 for a number of years.
We had Weathertechs in our previous Toyota Camry, and we swore AT them. Too much sand & dirt & stuff ended up under the front mats. We also made the mistake of buying matching color mats (beige interior). After a year, they looked like total crap, were stained from dirt, and were warping at the edges, hence, dirt got under the front mats. If I had to buy another set of Weathertechs, they would be in black.

Our new Tuxmats work just fine, thank you!

41 - 60 of 70 Posts