Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 TOURING-Dk Blue Pearl 2.5
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that WeatherTech shows their Side Window Shields, anyone have these on a 2015-18 Outback and can share a photo and their opinions??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
293 Posts
I see that WeatherTech shows their Side Window Shields, anyone have these on a 2015-18 Outback and can share a photo and their opinions??

Thanks in advance
I've had these on a previous vehicle and I liked them a bunch but there are some issues that should be considered. On my previous vehicle, I ended up with some scratches on the top edge of the windows because dust and grit would enter in between the ventshades and get in the channel and when the window is put up, the glass gets scratched.

I'm wanting them for my 2015 but so far have not pulled the trigger. Probably because those windows fit SO DARN TIGHT, I"m even more worried about scratching and even if the electric system can push the window up into the channel. I'm waiting for someone else to try them out before I drop my $100 .

Gene

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
I have them on my Base 2.5i Outback. Been on about 4 months, no issues. Sorry no photos.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had issues with it triggering the safety feature in the fronts. I filed it down a bit and during refitment it ended up cracking. So pretty much YMMV.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 O.B. and 2018 O.B.
100 Posts
They work great on some vehicles and have had them on a few of mine. However as said in above post, I bought a set for my Wife's 2015.5 Volvo XC70 and rears worked good but front ones were so tight in the window channel, they triggered safety pinch device. Did same as above post, carefully used small power sander to sand down for looser fit and they cracked. Ended up in the garbage. I have an 18 O.B. and if I get the deflectors, I'll buy from Dealer and have them do install. Sure more money but at least if they don't fit right or are damaged, they'll eat the loss.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
293 Posts
I have them on my Base 2.5i Outback. Been on about 4 months, no issues. Sorry no photos.
Just wondering what year you are talking about. There's no difference in the windows on any of base vs limited I'm pretty sure.

On another thought, when washing the car or the windows, I would take a cloth, using like a paint stick, I would clean the windows channels, often times even between washings etc., in order to get the grit out of the channels, even the lower rubber gasket that seals the window glass. I have to admit, we do take the car up north on vacation and often we are on pretty dusty roads and or construction. Certainly not so bad while in town.

The nice thing was they can keep out the rain while driving with the windows down just a bit which is really nice.

Gene

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,114 Posts
There's no difference in the windows on any of base vs limited I'm pretty sure.
On the other hand, the front windows for MY 2018 Legacys and Outbacks are slightly thicker than MY 2015-2017.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
123 Posts
I have them on my 2018 OB Limited. The only disadvantage (minor) I have seen so far is that depending upon the position of the driver's seat, it may be difficult to see the blind spot detection (BSD) approach indicator light on the right/outside rear view mirror. In my driver's seat position, I can see the light, but through the plastic of the front passenger side window deflector. They come in either light or dark tint. I chose dark (based on use with my previous 2002 Tacoma) but you might want to consider purchasing the lighter tint.

·
Registered
2018 2.5 Outback
82 Posts
Just stating what model I have, not that there is a difference...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts