Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0 T AWD
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with WeatherTech vent visors due to being more sleek rather than OEM vent visors. Not bad looking.
One thing noticed right away due to the new 18' Outback being quiet, was the added wind noise while at interstate or highway speeds.
Install was pretty straight forward. Couple shards of plastic will break off the leading edge, be careful.
Strange, even after following the instructions about the 12-24Hr seat time. Only the passenger (Not drivers) window would go all the way up and not have the anti-pinch feature trip. So I added some silicone lube, as pictured. And that seems to have fixed it for the time being.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Would love some interior photos looking through the window with them on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
471 Posts
Looks pretty good! I went with the C&C Car Worx ones and love them! OEM are nice but way overpriced IMO.

Reactions: JamesBond

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do they interfere with the new location of the blind spot monitoring? That is what is holding me back from buying the weather techs.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,291 Posts
What's the point of vent visors? I think all of them are unattractive. Also, added wind noise is a no-no for me. :)

Reactions: jsgntulok

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
If only you could fresh air through the AC/ Heating system.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
203 Posts
What's the point of vent visors? I think all of them are unattractive. Also, added wind noise is a no-no for me. :)

I couldn't agree more. Having owned a ton of vehicles, I've never liked the look of them and the benefits if any are offset by the negatives. I don't find the wind blast without them too bad in the OB. It varies with vehicles, some blow you over when the windows down, others not so much. I'd never stick anything on my cars and jamming them into the window slot seems iffy. Same goes for the sunroof visors. To each their own though.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Limited Titanium
443 Posts
I debated putting them on, but I rarely if ever open my windows and keep my climate control on Full-Auto year round. except maybe at a Starbucks drive-thru or getting pulled over by a LEO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited, Crimson Red Pearl
123 Posts
I have WeatherTech side window deflectors on my '18 Outback. I like them - were easy to install. I also had them on my 2002 Tacoma on the driver's and passenger's windows. They do not interfere with the driver's side blind spot light, but on the passenger side, the way my driver's seat is positioned, I see the passenger's blind spot light through the deflector. But I can still see it. I did not notice a difference in wind noise before/after I put them on.

You can also have your windows down about 1" w/o anyone noticing - nice to have when parking out on a hot day. And if a thunderstorm rolls in; no problem.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do they interfere with the new location of the blind spot monitoring? That is what is holding me back from buying the weather techs.
I didn't notice until I saw your post. The leading edge of the passenger visor runs right in front of the passenger side BLIS warning light. It's still visible, obviously. You're just looking at it through tint now. And BTW Weather Tech has two tint levels for their vent visors. I went with the darker ones. And for me with the BLIS warning light, it's no big deal.

·
Registered
Outback 2018 2.5i Premium
167 Posts
Enough of an air gap?

I took a look at the Subaru vents and did not think there was enough space between the glass and vent to offer much overhang in rain which means not much air exchange. My particular use would be to have reasonable good venting for when I might sleep in the OB at a trailhead. And I wondered about wind noise.

I might consider the C & C CarWorx ones though as they might? have more open space. Also I notice they don't have the vertical front piece that blocks the mirror light. Anyone have these?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Limited
25 Posts
Went with WeatherTech vent visors due to being more sleek rather than OEM vent visors. Not bad looking.
One thing noticed right away due to the new 18' Outback being quiet, was the added wind noise while at interstate or highway speeds.
Install was pretty straight forward. Couple shards of plastic will break off the leading edge, be careful.
Strange, even after following the instructions about the 12-24Hr seat time. Only the passenger (Not drivers) window would go all the way up and not have the anti-pinch feature trip. So I added some silicone lube, as pictured. And that seems to have fixed it for the time being.
Hey, Mr. Bond, James Bond......I got the same ones. Had to use silicone too! I think they're great, especially on rainy days, and not over-priced either.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey, Mr. Bond, James Bond......I got the same ones. Had to use silicone too! I think they're great, especially on rainy days, and not over-priced either.
Yes, I like how sleek they are. And that they are easily removable, as they aren't stuck on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I like how sleek they are. And that they are easily removable, as they aren't stuck on.
They are so easily removable that one of the rear window vent visors fell out of my '17 while I was driving a few weeks ago. Of course, it landed directly in the path of the rear wheel and shattered into a thousand pieces.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts