Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After realizing that we have a lot of Baja owners on this site and knowing that the Baja shares a lot of parts with our lovely Generation 2 Outbacks, we decided to create a sub-forum just for them. So here it is:

Give me your tired, your poor...
Your hopped up turbos yearning to breathe free...
The wretched rebuilds of jersey shore...
Send these, the Overlanders, Salvage Titled to me...
I spin my tires beside the modern forum!

Welcome aboard, Baja'ers :)

Attachments

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
Brucey moves up a notch on my list of internet friends not to stalk if this experiment goes awry. I don't care what eagleeye says about you, you're OK.

I've notified some fellow owners via my Instagram account and provided a link as well. Facebook....I'll need volunteers for. Don't do it, it's not my scene. If you do, cool. Tell a friend. See one on Craigslist? See one for sale at your dealer? Post a link.

Welcome to the cult.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Xmas comes early for the Outbrats this year. Stand up and be counted.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,183 Posts
My Baja turbo is indeed related to Outback... but I am pretty sure the DBW turbo engine was borrowed from Forrester. The Baja turbo is indeed a factory Frankenstein.

Exhaust is unique to Baja turbo and VERY expensive. It cost nearly $600 to replace my fuel-filler tube. (rear subframe had to be unbolted)

This is the first vehicle I have owned that lasted over 10 years in Vermont. I am hoping that annual oil-undercoating will help it last several more years.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,021 Posts
am hoping that annual oil-undercoating will help it last several more years.
I was talking to a auto body guy last week, his neighbor has a low miles 1990 dodge one ton 4wd pickup. (with a small farm),

the farmer calls that douching, and he uses a mix of used engine oil and diesel fuel along the frame and all the nooks and crannies. 0:)

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I was talking to a auto body guy last week, his neighbor has a low miles 1990 dodge one ton 4wd pickup. (with a small farm),

the farmer calls that douching, and he uses a mix of used engine oil and diesel fuel along the frame and all the nooks and crannies. 0:)
That seems like it would attract dirt. Which attracts moisture. But then again, some old guys like to snuff tobacco up their nose.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,021 Posts
That seems like it would attract dirt. Which attracts moisture. But then again, some old guys like to snuff tobacco up their nose.
are you doing a DIY job or a professional job. I would be very interest either way in reading with pics or video of someone doing it to a subaru.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
are you doing a DIY job or a professional job. I would be very interest either way in reading with pics or video of someone doing it to a subaru.
I'm a firm believer in car washes with underbody flushes. So much salt is used here at times, it's a wonder anything grows along the roads.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I love to see a Baja every once in a while here in Phoenix. Someone has an absolutely new looking yellow one which cruises North Phoenix.
I've had a couple of people with yellow ones approach me in public, two of them had owned them since new and they all said they'd buy a brand new one right now if they could and that's the only thing keeping them from selling.

·
Premium Member
06 Baja (Originally Turbo Auto) Soon to be 3.0R spec B swapped - 03 WRX (Project) - 12 STI (Daily)- 16 FXT (Road Trips/Wife's Daily)
16 Posts
I've only seen two in the two years I've owned mine here in Midland/Odessa, TX.

One just like mine, and a light blue NA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I've only seen two in the two years I've owned mine here in Midland/Odessa, TX.

One just like mine, and a light blue NA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wisconsin seems to be crawling with them at the moment. I feel like I've started a trend in Green Bay though, I would only see a couple around here. Yellow or silver ones, never a turbo. Then I got mine. I see more every summer. Heck, there are two for sale on dealer lots in town right now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Bajas are a bit of a rare sight in general, but this is only the third one to be traded in during the last 5 years I've worked at this Subaru retailer. Just got it and already taking care of all the things it's previous owner neglected. Lots of interior cleaning, lots of general maintenance things, but the body is in awesome shape.

That's it next to my '16 WRX STI. Looking forward to my foray into the Baja world!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts