Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,046 Posts
They don't sell...Everybody...but they do all right.

I have a Subaru and a Jeep. Not close to Portland/Vancouver. Wish I was, VC and Squamish are so...so..sweet. Squamish especially.

·
Registered
97 Outback 230000
1,134 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I imagine you sell to out of state customers often. I am wondering how to purchase a car that will be registered in California. Are you able to sell without charging WA sales tax? Do I need a temporary license to drive it home? What state would it be issued by? I am aware I will pay CA sales tax when I return and register it here.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback 2.5i Limited, Twilight Blue Metallic.
636 Posts
Welcome!!

·
Premium Member
Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight
4,983 Posts
Welcome! Interesting concept. I'd love to see if there's any other way to get a new Outback cheaper than factory direct.

·
Premium Member
Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight
4,983 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I imagine you sell to out of state customers often. I am wondering how to purchase a car that will be registered in California. Are you able to sell without charging WA sales tax? Do I need a temporary license to drive it home? What state would it be issued by? I am aware I will pay CA sales tax when I return and register it here.
Such a complex way to buy a car. If after all the headaches you can save allot, it would be worth it. But, does it really save that much more than just going to a reputable dealer in CA and ordering it direct?
I'd love to know these things for the next Outback I purchase. I think I got like $50 over factory invoice when I got my 2015. If there was some way to get it even cheaper I'd love to know for future reference.

·
Registered
97 Outback 230000
1,134 Posts
Portland is where I am spending more and more of my time, so I will be there anyway. Just thought I'd check and maybe get some answers. Can't hurt to get informed.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited
19 Posts
I bought my car at Dick Hannah

This is an old post, but I will tell my experience. I bought my OB from Dick Hannah in 2010. I live in Oregon. No Washington sales tax; they issued me a temporary license/registration; I went to the Oregon DMV before the temp one expired to get my real plate. It was all easy. No Oregon sakes tax (yay) so did not have to deal with that.

I was happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts