Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I get to start......

Pity I don't have anything to say except just remember the Outback boys are watching you.

Seriously though it's good to see that this forum is catering for all Subarus. Good on you guys.....

I did have Subaru Impreza before I bought my Outback. You can see it HERE. I really wish I didn't have to sell it because I really did enjoy it while I had it since new (08/98). That was my first Subaru and I also got my wife hooked onto Subaru from then on also, hence the Outback, which she really liked and now loves....

·
Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
195 Posts
Might get a Impreza or Outback very soon. I'm overwhelmed with new car choices after an eight year hiatus of owning a '94 Sonoma (bought used in '96).

I've scaled down from SUV, to small (or compact) SUV, and finally to wagons like the Outback Sport and Impreza. With the latest decision workouts being about the 2004 to 2005 changes.

And I hate steering wheels that block the bottom center like the 3-spoked ones Subaru has deemed okay to use. That's where my hand goes 70% of the time. My only previous gripe was with lack of on-wheel controls. I love the 4-spoked ones. Now adding to all else is worries of not having a accessory power plug in the cargo area.

It goes on and on, and my Sonoma is beginning to reach a crucial time in its life when I must get rid of it or pay for repairs.

Anyway, main reason I'm beginning my new member status here is because I remember when I drove a Subaru 4WD the first time in the Seattle WA area during winter. Wasn't long before I was in the snow (it was a Dominos-owned pizza delivery car, circa 1984?) and it literally saved me from a fate unknown on a steep and curving tree-lined hill one night. I managed to turn into a driveway and get turned back up the hill before going too far down, almost unable to keep the tires making traction until finally getting back to level ground.

Was my first and only 4X4 type experience, driving that thing a few months. Why? Guess because I'm not a off-roader person. But now I'm ready for AWD, if not for off-road, at least for better winter driving when it does get snowy and icy here in the south where I've lived the past 18 years.

I'm curious what model it might have been, it looked something like these Outback or Impreza wagons. I only recall it being a Subaru and nothing more. Not that I'm asking here; but then again, maybe I am.

Hope to join in the discussions with a new one soon!

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
roo said:
Might get a Impreza or Outback very soon. I'm overwhelmed with new car choices after an eight year hiatus of owning a '94 Sonoma (bought used in '96).

I've scaled down from SUV, to small (or compact) SUV, and finally to wagons like the Outback Sport and Impreza. With the latest decision workouts being about the 2004 to 2005 changes.

And I hate steering wheels that block the bottom center like the 3-spoked ones Subaru has deemed okay to use. That's where my hand goes 70% of the time. My only previous gripe was with lack of on-wheel controls. I love the 4-spoked ones. Now adding to all else is worries of not having a accessory power plug in the cargo area.

It goes on and on, and my Sonoma is beginning to reach a crucial time in its life when I must get rid of it or pay for repairs.

Anyway, main reason I'm beginning my new member status here is because I remember when I drove a Subaru 4WD the first time in the Seattle WA area during winter. Wasn't long before I was in the snow (it was a Dominos-owned pizza delivery car, circa 1984?) and it literally saved me from a fate unknown on a steep and curving tree-lined hill one night. I managed to turn into a driveway and get turned back up the hill before going too far down, almost unable to keep the tires making traction until finally getting back to level ground.

Was my first and only 4X4 type experience, driving that thing a few months. Why? Guess because I'm not a off-roader person. But now I'm ready for AWD, if not for off-road, at least for better winter driving when it does get snowy and icy here in the south where I've lived the past 18 years.

I'm curious what model it might have been, it looked something like these Outback or Impreza wagons. I only recall it being a Subaru and nothing more. Not that I'm asking here; but then again, maybe I am.

Hope to join in the discussions with a new one soon!

Get one with a limited slip rear end,you'll be glad that you did.

·
Registered
'04 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport H-4 4EAT Platinum Silver Metallic
195 Posts
Baja Turbo said:
Get one with a limited slip rear end,you'll be glad that you did.
Well, thanks for the suggestion anyway.

My budget isn't up to getting much so I ended up with a decently priced '04 Impreza Outback Sport with the 4-speed auto that was on the lot of the dealership. I'm guessing those automatics don't have such an option available... but only a guess. Some kind of electronics-based stuff for those AT's. But I didn't even ask since I wasn't intending to add any extra cost.

·
Registered
2004 Baja Turbo
106 Posts
Certain models come with a limited slip rear end as standard equipment,i don't know about yours.I use to know Subaru's inside and out years ago,i'm now getting back into them.I had a 15 year lapse.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Here in Australia only the Impreza WRX STi has LSD as far as I can see.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts