Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I am Kevin Miller aka "Cao Cao." I asked the guys at AcuraMDX.org to create this site because I felt that there wasn't any very good (or large place at that) to hold dissussions related to the Subaru Outback or share info, etc. So here you go guys, talk away about anything and everything! :D

A

·
0 Posts
Yes, welcome to our new board. Here is little overview of its functionality:

forums - well, you are here so you know what that is. To post, you need to be a registered member. To register, just go to the home page and see the left side of the screen for registration details. It's easy (and free!). Forums etiquette is simple, let's all behave and be civil.

gallery - although one can post pictures directly in the forums, gallery is a place where you can store a collection (album) with your pictures for others to browse through.

chat - if you are familiar with IRC, this is an applet that connects to a particular room in IRC that only our members can chat in. If you are unfamiliar with IRC, it's just a chat room. Once the board grows, we can set up specific times when everyone can join in to talk about anything.

knowledge base - this section of the site allows members to collect problems with the Outback (if any) that they may have encountered. If you don't see your problem in the list, add one. If you see one, Register for it, which simply means "I have it too". This is a great tool.

games - this is a collection of a few old-timers. Check them out! They are Flash based.

dealer ratings - this section allows members to rate their dealers for sales and service. I'm yet to populate the dealer list, so please be patient.

control panel - allows you to set your options and preferences.

Again, welcome and enjoy the board!

Regards,
Daniel (admin).

P.S. Just fyi that I also own and run http://www.acuramdx.org, http://www.hondapilot.org and http://www.nissanmurano.org boards, and very excited to start a new one (thanks to Cao Cao).

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Hey, an Outback site! Hello everyone ( you too, Kevin;) ) I am Brian and I have an '02 Outback Sport. Wifey has an '03 Baja so she won't be visiting often... Anyway, have a good one. B Heinz.

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Brian thanks for checking the site out!

Hey this is an Outback site, but I won't discriminate against other Subies. They Baja also has a limited amout of info throughout the net and seeing as how closely it is in relation to the Outback, I won't mind if you discuss it here. That being said, there will be NO WRX-related forums here, thats why I made this site. Someone can bring a WRX or STi, but I will be very touchy on anything related to that line of Subaru. Although Impreza Outback Sports are very welcome to come and disscuss here:D

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 Lucky texan said:
Gotta let the obsportal.com and the yahoo guys know about this!
Tell everyone you know about this site, the more people we get on here the bigger and better the discussions get. More fun for everyone!!!

:2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Glad to see a true Outback board!

Glad to see someone finally created one! I have been looking for some mods particular to the Outback and Legacy line. Most of what is out there seems to be geared solely towards the Impreza and WRX lines.

Only mods so far for me are the replacement of the shifter knob with a nice woodgrained MOMO unit, tinted windows, and hitch install.

-Kurt

Proud owner of a 2002 Outback Wagon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to see the focus on Outbacks

I drive a MY99 OBS and have been lurking the various suby boards (NASOIC mostly). While great, they tend to focus on WRX and STI. Those rigs are pretty awesome, but I'm not going to buy one anytime soon, so it's nice to have a place to talk about our models.

I'll come by often!:D

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied back here lately but I just wanted to say welcome to everyone again. I don't mean to overpreach this subject, but if you know anyone who may be interested in joining please let them know about the site. I don't care if non-Subaru people come here just to talk in OT or any of the other forums. I'd like to get some more rally types in here and make our rally board huge. Although I've not AutoXed my OB yet, I can't wait to get started. I have offroaded it quite a bit, but speed in racing will always be more fun than sloshing around in the muck and sometimes getting buried :(

So if you know anyone who can contribute in anyway, bring'em on in and we can all have a good time! Although I have never had intentions on making this site affiliated with WRX and STi types, I don't mind. I know many people who own WRX's and whatnot visit here all the time, but I'm never going to start up a WRX-related forum here unless we get alot of people here and they REALLY want one.

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
Great Site!

I'm going to be picking up a new OBS very soon. This will be my first Subaru since my ill fated BRAT in high school. looks like this will be become quite a resource for outback owners.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I see the site is getting close to 100 members:) Welcome to all new members, sit back, relax, and pipe in anytime! Brian

·
Administrator
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1000TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my own little celebration of my 1000th post, I wanted to revive the first thread here at Outback.org. The site officially opened on Janurary 4th, 2004 and my first post (of course) was here in this thread. Look at the quote below (or the post above), it really shows how far this site has come. About a year ago at this time we only barely had 100 members, now were pushing 1000. Not the greatest feat by any means... nonetheless I still feel good looking back and seeing all the good things that have gone on here and looking through all the awesome things the members of this site have contributed.

Anyway I'll shut up now and just be happy that I finally got to 1000 posts. Have a great day everybody! :D

bheinz57 said:
I see the site is getting close to 100 members:) Welcome to all new members, sit back, relax, and pipe in anytime! Brian

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Congrats Kevin and thanks for providing us with this great online resource.

Now on to 2,000 members!

Maybe we should start a little wager as to how long that going to take. He who gets the closest to the real date wins. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
17 Participants
rockhopjohn
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing