Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 outback premium. Happy so far. But when looking at the engine compartment I notice what I assume to be a stray wire. It has a connector on the end of it.. It is laying on the passenger side near the wheel well Inside the engine compartment. I‘ll add pictures
should I secure it Or just let it dangle?

·
Premium Member
2008 Subaru Tribeca
924 Posts
Remote start, hood safety switch.

Reactions: DanielAcosta

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
9,612 Posts
The way the wire is bent suggest that it was folded up and secured. I notice Subaru uses this blue plastic tape that's similar to but weaker than electrical tape, to secure things. My guess is that the blue plastic fell off your wire. I'd secure it because there's no benefit to having it hang loose.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5L XT Limited
290 Posts
The way that wire and connector looks to me, Injector wire. Can you check of you have another one the other side of the car. Subaru injectors are two wires and since Subaru has had the h6 motor option, there could be another same cable on the other side of the engine. Also the way the wire is coming from looks to be injector wire, not hood pin wire for remote start. However I have not seen their hood pin safety connector.
Remote start, hood safety switch.
Basically all cars have a passive car alarm now. Whether or not you have remote start is mute at this point. My 2006 obxt, has a Hood Safety pin, according to the wiring diagram in the service manual and it shows in the space as this wire is shown above in the picture, however I don't see it on my car, matter of fact no where in-sight from my engine bay can I locate the hood safety pin. However I know I have one. How? That is because I opened the hood with the doors unlocked/alarm off, then set the lock/alarm on the remote. The alarm did not go off, because the hood was already open. It was not until I dropped/fully closed the hood with the alarm set and doors locked, the passive alarm went off. How weird. I gave up trying to find the hood safety pin and installed another one for my remote start.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,122 Posts
That wire is in the exact same place as the hood sensor for the remote start on the 4th-gen. However, the install instructions for the remote start on the 2019 (both the key and push-button start versions) do not mention installing such a switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts