Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is a car. I do not waste my time or money on something I will throw away. It will get dirty and I will clean it. I do not go beyond basic hygene. I do not try to maintain it in any pristine condition. ****, I do not think my car has seen a vacuum since I bought it in October.

·
Premium Member
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
553 Posts
Over the weekend the plans are to vaccum, scrub, and detail with 303 the interior of the 1998 Forester. We have only had her 22 years, not ready to throw away just yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most everything I see is for restoring black plastic such as Back To Black. My car is new. Do you use anything to dress the plastic? Something to prevent fading?

I’m guessing the stuff I’ve seen will work, but it’s not marketed that way.
Hi SubyDubie
I had this problem back in the UK. I had a red car and used coloured polish on the paintwork, however it always ended up on the plastic bumpers etc. I tried Back too Black as well as Son of a Gun, always looked good initially, but once dried the bumpers showed the coloured polish again. Anyway I had a free sample of Bumper Care by AutoGlym, so I gave this a try. Again looked good initially when still wet, but to my surprise it still looked good once dried. This stuff really works, I still use it today on all my plastic trim- bumpers, window rubbers, wiper arms, side mouldings and mud flaps. You will not be disappointed.:):)
DTROUTBACK

·
Registered
2019 Outback
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
It is a car. I do not waste my time or money on something I will throw away. It will get dirty and I will clean it. I do not go beyond basic hygene. I do not try to maintain it in any pristine condition. ****, I do not think my car has seen a vacuum since I bought it in October.
Well I like to keep something I just spent 30 grand on nice. Resale vale

·
Registered
15 Posts
303 is great on the black plastic exterior trim, and....wait for it....engine detailing! After a quick cleaning of everything, just a fine spray mist over the entire engine compartment (cool of course) let it sit a while, 20-3- minutes and simply wipe it down lightly with a dry rag....Voila!

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
15 Posts
My co-worker has been using 303 spray for years on every vehicle he owns. He drives a 1990 something Toyota car and it still looks great. He even sprays it on the CV boots under the car. It does take a few coats to restore to black, but lasts a long time. I have recently started using it on my 2002 Outback, and it does look better.

·
Registered
2019 Outback
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I’m still undecided on ceramic or 303.

Seems interesting to use the Mother’s ceramic on the full car.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,173 Posts
Humblebrag

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 3.6R; Abyss Blue Pearl; Most of the Accessory Book
35 Posts
303. Great Stuff!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts