Subaru Outback Forums banner

What 2010-2011 Outback model did you buy?

• 2.5i Base, 6-Speed Manual

Votes: 64 2.8%
  • 2.5i Base, CVT

Votes: 101 4.4%
  • 2.5i Premium, 6-Speed Manual

Votes: 160 7.0%
  • 2.5i Premium, CVT

Votes: 624 27.3%
  • 2.5i Limited

Votes: 479 21.0%
  • 2.5i Limited with Navigation

Votes: 218 9.5%
  • 3.6R Base

Votes: 12 0.5%
  • 3.6R Premium

Votes: 67 2.9%
  • 3.6R Limited

Votes: 291 12.7%
  • 3.6R Limited with Navigation

Votes: 267 11.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 636 Posts

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what specific 4th Gen Outback model did you buy?

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ottodog said:
WOW, you mean people are actually buying these??
Please save these kind of comments, if you don't have anything to add then don't post. You didn't buy anything ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I answered with "2.5i Base CVT" but I have the Canadian spec'd base model which is closer to the US Premium model. For example, it comes with 17" alloy wheels, heated seats and side mirrors, privacy glass, fog lights, power driver's seat. And PZEV (but without the extra warranty).

Also, according to Subaru Canada, the AWD on the CVT version is an active system with 60/40 F/R which adjusts as needed up to 50/50. I understand the US spec'd model is 90/10 instead of 60/40.

I though that was odd that they'd have such separate lines in the same plant.

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mattreis said:
I want to buy a 3.6 Ltd with Nav but there aren't any...why? :mad:
Its not that there aren't any but rather that one probably hasn't made its way to any dealers in your area. I know of two in the St. Louis, MO area. Go to a your nearest dealer and ask them to locate one for you, if they can't do it go to another one. Heck, email them or get a sales manager on the phone, at this time if you're serious about buying a vehicle most dealers will go out of their way to accomodate you ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mylläri said:

Its not that there aren't any but rather that one probably hasn't made its way to any dealers in your area. I know of two in the St. Louis, MO area. Go to a your nearest dealer and ask them to locate one for you, if they can't do it go to another one. Heck, email them or get a sales manager on the phone, at this time if you're serious about buying a vehicle most dealers will go out of their way to accomodate you ;)
Agreed, but they are in very short supply. We have a great subaru website - newenglandsubaru.com - that searches inventory of the entire six state region. We had a total of three (yes 3) 3.6's with Nav since 2010 OBW launch. The only one in NE I wanted (Graphite Gray) was in Maine and now it is sold. Compare this with the 100 CVT models now available, I have to think that they delayed full production of the 3.6 model line.

In addition, subaru.com still does not list the 2010 OB model as "available" (it is still listed as a future model) but the 2010 Legacy has been on the site as current since the beginning of August. Either their web folks are slow or there is some sort to delay in the offcial OB launch

Does anyone know about priduction schedules? Do they alternate runs of the different models and trims?

·
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mattreis said:
In addition, subaru.com still does not list the 2010 OB model as "available" (it is still listed as a future model) but the 2010 Legacy has been on the site as current since the beginning of August. Either their web folks are slow or there is some sort to delay in the offcial OB launch
I emailed one of my Subaru corporate contacts about this, he said that the site will be updated with full content for the 2010 Outback by the end of August ;)

·
Registered
360 Posts
Mylläri said:

I emailed one of my Subaru corporate contacts about this, he said that the site will be updated with full content for the 2010 Outback by the end of August ;)
Good to know - thanks...now if they only could get some 3.6 Ltd's up my way :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
3.6 Limited, sunroof no nav. Requested the dealer to install Goodyear triple treads that were so good on my 2005OB. Will have to pay but I think they are worth the expense. Car had to be ordered, should be here in 3 wks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2010 Outback 2.5 Limited, CVT

I got a bright silver 2010 Outback 2.5 Limited with the CVT and the dark charcoal gray leather interior. The only option I did not get was the nav system, but I've got everything else (puddle lights, blue interior light, HK sound system, bumber cover, moon roof, etc.) Absolutely AWESOME car! Only have 1030 miles on it, got it July 23rd :D

·
Registered
196 Posts
On 8/14/09 I ordered a 2.5i Outback Limited Harvest Gold w/Power Moon Roof, Compass/HomeLink mirror, Media Hub H621SAJ200, splash guards, bumper guard and rear cargo net.

Update: Drove it home on the same day it arrived (9/30/09).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Rocking a 2.5 Premium with all weather and sunroof. I really want to grab one of those front siver under guards (gives a bit of aggressive look) but the dealer is selling for $97 and online the cheapest I found was $79 with over $10 in shipping. Anyone have a cheaper option, it's just for looks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Decided to go as base as could be as this is my first Subaru ever. I got the 2.5i w/6 speed manual transmission. Only thing it came with was all-weather mats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
bikemobile said:
I wonder if the demand for the 6 speed limited is too low to justify a model choice?
If you really want that combo you can get a premium and install Katzkin leather yourself, the only thing that you will loose is the climate control.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Price matters. We got everything we truly needed on the base with the CVT. I've lived a long time without NAV and I can always go aftermarket if I change my mind.

1 - 20 of 636 Posts
About this Discussion
635 Replies
502 Participants
james722
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing