Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Outback Premium. It came with the seat back protector, all weather floor mats, rear bumper cover, body side molding, and a couple of other small things that I didn't care about.

I got it through the CostCo car buying program, which means I've got a 50% off coupon that needs to be used in the next month. So now I'm just trying to figure out if there is anything that is actually worth getting.

I went through the list and nothing seemed particularly compelling, but I might be missing something important.

·
Registered
2012 OB , 2017 Impreza
3,277 Posts
If you live in an area where winter salt is prevalent.... replace the factory floormats with something that covers better all around the edges. I chose HUSKY liners and the carpets NEVER get white with salt like they used to with the factory mats.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2nd Subaru owned
275 Posts
If you live in a cold part of the country, get a battery warmer and a block heater. Both are Subaru parts. You can get the Genuine Subaru 19 mm rear sway bar. Genuine Subaru Remote starter has it's benefits. It seems to be better than the factory installed unit. I would get better all weather floor mats. The factory ones are horrible. Several on the market. WeatherTec, Husky. The dealer might stock the others. My dealer exchanged my Subaru mats which were still in the packaging for the WeatherTec. I just paid the difference. Subaru sunshade if you have eyesight. At 50% off, it might be worth it.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
I got both cargo nets available because I hate dealing with stuff sliding around in back, and what that does to the car and the stuff as well. The nets are nice and sturdy and if you get groceries they'll work better than the grocery bag hooks (greater weight rating as well as going across full width). I've not used them much for groceries because I live within easy walking distance of stores, but I use it for other things as well on a regular basis.

·
Registered
'13 2.5 Premium
2,399 Posts
A trailer hitch and a nice windshield sun shade. The hitch comes in handy in ways I never expected, and the sunshade helps, a lot, with the normally weak Outback A/C after being parked in the sun for a while.

Upgraded all weather floor mats would be nice. My '13 has the factory all wx mats, and I've worn a couple holes in them after about 55k miles from where my heel rests when I drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you live in a cold part of the country, get a battery warmer and a block heater. Both are Subaru parts.
I'm in Long Island, NY, which gets cold but not Maine-cold. I can't remember having trouble with starting a cold car since I was a kid... Are these things practical for me?

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2nd Subaru owned
275 Posts
The engine block heater you won't need where you are. The battery warmer sure helps if your car is kept outside and near an electrical outlet. I plug in my car with temps under 20 degrees.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5, Ice Silver
893 Posts
I'm in Long Island, NY, which gets cold but not Maine-cold. I can't remember having trouble with starting a cold car since I was a kid... Are these things practical for me?
I lived in Minot North Dakota for years. Block heater not used unless constant temp below 0 degrees or so. Just my opinion, I never used a battery warmer.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
6 Posts
I just also used my Costco coupon this weekend. I bought sunshade, rear cargo net and the 19mm rear sway bar and bushings. The rest I spent on engine/cabin air filters or oil filters for future use (going to need those in the future anyways so why not get 50% off). The 19mm rear sway bar has been talked alot on this forum and seems to be an awesome upgrade. I haven't received mine yet since it was a special order. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts