Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 Carbide Gray
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my very first post and I am currently researching the new 2013 Outback.

There is pleanty of knowledge from all the Subaru owners on this forum and would like as much info as you would like to give me on the differences between the Premium and the Limited.

Also,

What are the pros and cons (if any) of a Outback?

Thank you all for you help in advance and will be reading all your responses.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Limited has leather interior, HK Premium Audio with optional nav, silver front bumper underguard.

The premium is a better deal in my opinion

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,324 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
^^^^+1. A biggee is Limiteds have dual zone/auto temp control.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why is the most expensive, best equipped OB "Limited"? Shouldn't it be "Unlimited"? The cheapest model is "limited". Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Hey, Logic is not allowed around here.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
This is my very first post and I am currently researching the new 2013 Outback.

There is pleanty of knowledge from all the Subaru owners on this forum and would like as much info as you would like to give me on the differences between the Premium and the Limited.

Also,

What are the pros and cons (if any) of a Outback?

Thank you all for you help in advance and will be reading all your responses.
Cars101.com does a pretty good job providing the +/- of each model. You might start here: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/outback/outback2013.html#mechanical

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 i Premium
474 Posts
Both models serve their budget niche very well. The Premium is probably the most bang for the buck if you do it with the cold weather package. If you're accustomed to cloth interior and basic AC then you'll be more than pleased.

The Limited is no slouch either with leather and duel zone automatic climate control as well as rear seat vents for your rear passengers. The Premium AC does a fine job of keeping things cool and warm. You also get a slightly snazzier instrument panel and simulated wood trim.

They both pretty much look the same from the outside and drive identically.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 Carbide Gray
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your responses.

I will now be doing my home work and hopefully adding a Outback to my Family.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
Directly from cars101.com...

Items highlighted in Blue are why I personally went with the Limited trim.

Everything the 2.5i Premium has, plus..

new for 2013- rear seat A/C vent in the center console
new for 2013- matte dash wood trim (replaces glossy wood trim)
new for 2013- electro-luminescent instrument panel with 3.5" color LCD display

Lineartronic CVT automatic transmission, with paddle shifters

- Front underguard
- Leather trimmed interior
- Passenger power seat (4way), front/back, power recline
- Interior trim, light finished Wood grain (2.5i and Premium have silver trim)
- Dual Front Zone Climate Control, 6 speed fan, settings Lo - 61... 89 - Hi
- All Weather Pkg: dual mode heated front seats, defrosting outside mirrors, - front windshield wiper deicer with hidden element

- new for 2013 electroluminescent instrument panel gauges with red - speedometer needle and white tachometer needles against black background. With center color LCD display including ECO gauge, cruise control, Eyesight info (if equipped), odometers. Gauges include speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, and new for 2013 coolant temperature gauge.

- Stereo: Harman/Kardon audio (h/k). 4.3" LCD color display, 440w 8 channel amplifier, 9 speakers, AM/FM, HD radio, single CD, USB, 3.5mm aux input, hands free bluetooth steering wheel controls, wireless audio streaming, XM satellite radio with 4 mos free. The speakers include: 2 80mm mid-range in the top of the dashboard, 2 160mm woofers in the front doors, 2 2-way speakers in the rear doors with a 25mm tweeter and 100mm mid-range, 1 200mm subwoofer in the rear cargo area.

Option Packages factory installed only:
> Pkg #04 Moonroof, Back up camera
> Pkg #08 Moonroof, Back up camera, and 7" Navigation/GPS
> Pkg #18 new, available early 2013, with new Aha by Harman, Moonroof, Back up camera, and 7" Navigation/GPS
> Pkg #20 Moonroof, 7" Navigation system, and new for 2013 Eyesight System
> Pkg #28 new, available early 2013 with new Aha by Harman, Moonroof, 7" Navigation system, and new for 2013 Eyesight System
> Pkg #23 new for 2013. Special Appearance Package
> Pkg 35 new, available early 2013 Special Appearance Package, new Aha by Harman

Note: packages #20 or 28 and #23 or #35 cannot be combined, so the Eyesight and Special Appearance packages are not available together. You cannot get both Eyesight and Special Appearance package.

Aha upgrade available on 2013 Legacy and Outback with navigation built prior to January 18, 2013. Upgrade program runs April-December, 2013.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R LTD w/Nav & ES (prev 2010 OB 3.6R Ltd)
23 Posts
As a former Minnesotan, just want to share my 2 cents worth on the pros of the OB Limited... Bought our first in 2010 and just traded it for a 2013 (with more features.)

First, I recommend the 3.6R option engine...If you ever plan to tow a boat, trailer or want a bit more power to get out of the snow banks... The smaller engines get slightly better mileage, but there will be some time in the future when you will regret not going for the six banger. I also thing the 3.6R is one of the smoothest engines I have ever owned -- almost like an electric motor.

The Limited also makes some useful options available that you don't get on the Premium package. Leather seating is 1st on the list, separate heat/air controls for the front -- and new this year -- A/C outlets in the rear cabin area. The Nav system is not the greatest and you can probably get aftermarket systems that are far better for the money -- but you can't get EyeSight without the Nav system. I opted for both...

IMO, the Subaru OB LTD is a much better vehicle than any comparably equipped luxury vehicle (Lexus, Acura,Mercedes, etc.) for a fraction of the cost. I believe the fit of the body parts and the feeling of solidness and smooth ride are superior to Audi and other Lux models with AWD.

We bought our first OB in Colorado, and made a couple of visits to my Son's home there during the winter, so I know from experience that the OB handles well in the snow and ice. We also lived in Far West Texas, so I also know it handles well in the desert sand...as for how it handles on the beach, I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

G-Omaha's recommendation to check cars101.com is a good one. I concur with the Husker!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I preferred the silver trim of the premium and wanted a 6spd, so I went with that. I agree with others that the premium is the best bang for the buck. There's nothing I miss that the limited offers. My only plan is to add a leather interior at some point.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium M6, 19mm,
61 Posts
I preferred the silver trim of the premium and wanted a 6spd, so I went with that. I agree with others that the premium is the best bang for the buck. There's nothing I miss that the limited offers. My only plan is to add a leather interior at some point.
Wanting a manual transmission also kept me away from the Limited as well as the 3.6l models.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Why is the most expensive, best equipped OB "Limited"? Shouldn't it be "Unlimited"? The cheapest model is "limited". Just my 2 cents.
So true!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts