Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what colour everybody's Outback was our's is seamist green.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
359 Posts
I have titanium pearl monotone & love it. When you see an Outback of this color listed for sale, they call it anything from sand to beige to sable to tan to gold, but never titanium.

Just wondering what colour everybody's Outback was our's is seamist green.:rolleyes:
Is yours an LL Bean? That would make it a "green bean" :D

·
Registered
'04 OB Wagon
81 Posts
Waxing poetic

Seamist Green
A mean machine
Top 'o the line
LL Bean

Tan leather seats
Smell so sweet
Fancy carpets
So wipe your feet

The other night
there was a fight
My wife wanted to drive it
I said, "Yeah...Right!"

I'm just braggin'
About my wagon
H6 engine
No turbo laggin'

As I close the door
And drive my '04
This is a car
That I adore.

Kurt

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
L L Bean

:rolleyes:
Great poem unfortunately they do not sell the L L Bean in Canada

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Green Cars are the Best Cars

And so say I.

Seriously, I chose dark green for my 98 OB expressly for the purpose of camouflage when parking in summertime conditions under trees and among brush. No lie, if I were to choose a color for an on-road car I would prefer black.

I guess I like my privacy.

I like the dark green anyway; it is the theme color of my Le Creuset iron cookware, and my kitchen in general. It was the color of my 1970s-era Schwinn.
It was the color of my 1973 Hornet 360. It is the color of the leaves on my pepper plants.

Am I off-topic for the thread yet?

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
Sedona Red Pearl/Greystone Metallic. You all wish you had that color combo. Brian

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Mine is Brilliant Silver Metallic all over :D as per my avatar

·
Registered
04 outback 3.0R
93 Posts
OBSIDIAN BLACK PEARL,I think its called, the first Model Outback released in black ,If Im not mistaken(in aus anyway),another Subaru milestone

·
Outback onsight...
'03outback, '98 forester S lifted m/t's, 4eat, lsd
1,264 Posts
my fav

my '03ob is Mystic blue/titanium pearl

·
Registered
MY17 Subaru Outback 3.6R
288 Posts
Mine is dark blue although I don't know what the name is.

·
Registered
Formerly - '02 Outback Limited Sedan
297 Posts
Ours is Wintergreen (the light green).

On HondaPilot.org, someone started a poll for colors...I suppose thats possible here, too? Turns out, silver was the most popular color, by far, for Pilots. My guess, from around here, the dark green is the most popular color for Outbacks.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Outback H6 LL Bean - Champagne Gold Opal
6,009 Posts
White/Grey.

The color Outback's are MEANT TO BE.

As much as I love all the colors, the White to Grey provides the best and most dramatic color contrast. Why bother having 2 tones if they aren't going to mingle nicely.
I do like when I see black 1st Gens with the beige-y/gold-y trim. They are nice too.

And yes waynerd, we DO have a lot of Green outbacks around Rochester.

*Generation : Most frequently seen to least frequently seen.*

1st Gen: White, Green, Blue, Silver, Black, Red

2nd Gen: White, Dark Green, SeaMist/Wintergreen, Black, Redish, Silver, Titanium

I've only seen 2 or 3 monotone 2nd Gens around here, which is amazing considering the amount of Outbacks that I see.

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
"Seriously, I chose dark green for my 98 OB expressly for the purpose of camouflage when parking in summertime conditions under trees and among brush."

i was looking for a green one for the same reason, altho the red is pretty, and altho out here, brown might blend in better in the woods...

ended up with Boring Silver, whatever the Corporate Newspeak name for that is. thinking about giving it a single pinstripe in dayglo orange or green at the junction between the silver upper body and the lower color to give it a little interest without being too over the top. wishin Toyota would sell the green flames they show in one of the print ads for the PRius....

Tasteless Texans R Us

·
I need a fog horn, ,
2004 Outback Sport
212 Posts
pacifica blue pearl/greystone metallic

·
Registered
18 Posts
White / Grey.

I would much prefer the red outback... but alas. When you're 21 and paying for school, the color of your car becomes an untouchable luxury. Thankfully, i love the car enough to ignore the fact that i don't like white cars.

perhaps i should start buying lottery tickets. some person has to win. i'm a person. therefore i shall win the lottery.

then i can soil myself and by an '05 outback xt. and expose myself to all the saabARU drivers out there.

oh yes.... i have plans.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Latrop said:

then i can soil myself and by an '05 outback xt. and expose myself to all the saabARU drivers out there.

oh yes.... i have plans.
LOL I really hope that was a typo, or does the idea of soiling yourself then exposing yourself really appeal?

Sorry, I am not being serious but I was falling off my chair laughing at that! :5:

·
Registered
18 Posts
you have a point...

i should probably clean my pants before going on any type of exposure bender. it would only be proper.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Don't worry about it, you could blend right in with the Muppets at ScoobyNet. Go check them out.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts