Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean Edition
9 Posts
SubyGirl said:
OK, I think I got a link to a picture

Thanks for the help...somebody tell me why my Suby is Gold????

Of course, I do love it....just curious how it happened...

http://www.autorevolution.com/inv/vehicle.cfm?vid=106930&refby=www.centraltxautos.com
Don't feel bad. I just bought mine and I don't know what color it is either. :D

I think it may be winestone & gold, but winestone wasn't a standard color for the model year (2002). It is a deep purple/burgandy that is almost black, especially when dirty or at night.

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
359 Posts
SubyGirl said:
OK, I think I got a link to a picture

Thanks for the help...somebody tell me why my Suby is Gold????

http://www.autorevolution.com/inv/vehicle.cfm?vid=106930&refby=www.centraltxautos.com
SubyGirl, the car in that ad is "titanium pearl monotone" which is the paint scheme on my Outback. The seams may present an optical illusion, but the color should be identical on the body panels & the lower cladding/bumpers.

For-sale ads always seem to call it beige, gold, sand, sable, etc... but never its official name :)

·
Registered
Gold 03 Outback Wagon L.L. Bean
9 Posts
WOW! I had no idea. It simply looks gold to me. I have a little Smith and Wesson Titanium handgun (not that I am proud of that fact) and it is platinum in color.

Thanks so much for clearing up my mystery.

I LOVE MY SUBY!!!!

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
I'll never understand why Subaru call it Titanium when titanium metal is a grey color, has no gold to it at all. Guess it SOUNDS impressive tho ;)

·
Gallery Ninja, ,
2004 Outback "Bluebaru" & 2005 Outback XT
5,195 Posts
I would be more impressed by that "titanium" smith and wesson (of subeygirls) than the color on the car. Course, I have Champane Gold Opel, which you know is just so "manly"

·
Registered
'06 OBS SE
700 Posts
the new green color for 06 on the OBS. i love it!!!

·
Hokey Pokey Champion
'05 Gold OBXT Stg2+
3,594 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Very interesting... of course I meant the "natural color" as per my titanium watch (Valentines day gift from gf :D )

·
Registered
'06 OBS SE
700 Posts
here is the pic of the new OBS green "Evergreen Metallic"!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
'18 Outback 3.6 Limited (Magnetite Grey)
58 Posts
Black/Grey

I don't know if the model I have was a Canadian only thing or not - 2004 Outback "Premium" - 5 speed with 6 disc changer, sunroof and Baja wheels. Anyway, was available in black/dark gray and have never seen a picture of one in States...

61 - 74 of 74 Posts