Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Outback 2.5
239k miles

Hello everyone, need advice. There is some pooling of coolant, see attached. Hoses looks ok, any ideas?
IMG_20200217_102457.jpg
IMG_20200217_102447.jpg

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
395 Posts
Is that green coolant or oil ?

·
Registered
05 GT wagon, 09 Spec B, 18 3.6R Outback
395 Posts
That tube across the top of the block is a coolant tube. If you have a mirror may be you can see more.

Next, how much coolant is it ? Is it worth worrying about in a car this old ?

I would think its not cheap to have that fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I can live with a leak, old car. Just wanted to know if it's something that would cause a catastrophic failure while driving. I'll monitor levels, seems to be a small leak at this point. Also will check with mirror. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Legacy Wagon Limited 4EAT
179 Posts
Looks to be the o-ring for the coolant crossover pipe. Intake manifold needs to come off, which isn't that difficult and then it's pretty easy. If it's a slow leak you can live with it for a while but it really should be fixed eventually.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,156 Posts
Thank you I have to see what that entails and see if I could do it appreciate the response
Here's a video showing procedure for getting one off - albeit one that was on a rallye engine and it was stuck down:

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,161 Posts
when i changed my coolant temp sensor, that is the exact same location mine made a mess. maybe the gasket on yours is leaking some.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,882 Posts
My top hose leaked just enough on the engine side for it to dribble down onto the engine. The pipe the radiator hose connects to can corrode, mine took a lot of cleaning to get a good seal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts