Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
2041 - 2060 of 5105 Posts

·
Registered
2001 VDC H6 3.0
53 Posts
Ordered Baja Turbo RSB, and a bunch of oil filters. Replaced the fuel filter to get ready for winter. Started to learn how to MIG weld, toying with the idea of making an exhaust system over the winter.

Side note- Driving around on back roads and saw this in my mirrors!
Dodge Challenger Hellcat! Man, they are mean!

·
Registered
2008 Outback wagon, 2.5i Touring
531 Posts
Today I took a ride deep in the woods until we were stuck in the deep mud with my best friend
we beat the **** out of the car to get it out of there and that's where I realised that
A my car which is supposed to have a rear LSD based on the fact that It's a H6 2001 doesn't have one
or B Canadian H6 don't have one
or C the LSD is dead ...

·
Registered
01 OB, 02 OBS & 08 FXT
415 Posts
Today I took a ride deep in the woods until we were stuck in the deep mud with my best friend
we beat the **** out of the car to get it out of there and that's where I realised that
A my car which is supposed to have a rear LSD based on the fact that It's a H6 2001 doesn't have one
or C the LSD is dead ...
Likely option C

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,785 Posts
or C the LSD is dead ...
sadly I think option C is going to be correct.

or your diff is not in its original form. (like someone robbed one with matching gears out of another subaru and stuck it in,...like a forester or legacy).

2001 H4 or H6 canadian / usdm Outbacks I think should have had all LSD. (even the base ones).

·
Registered
01 OB, 02 OBS & 08 FXT
415 Posts
sadly I think option C is going to be correct.

or your diff is not in its original form. (like someone robbed one with matching gears out of another subaru and stuck it in,...like a forester or legacy).

2001 H4 or H6 canadian / usdm Outbacks I think should have had all LSD. (even the base ones).
I can confirm that the 2001 base outback does not have the LSD. Cars101 is wrong on that one. I'm pretty sure in 2002 they all have it though.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,785 Posts
I can confirm that the 2001 base outback does not have the LSD. Cars101 is wrong on that one. I'm pretty sure in 2002 they all have it though.
my previous 2000 h4 base with the winter package (later called the all weather package) had it as part of that package.

_______

another rear diff that could easily had been swapped in there is a
a h6 vdc from 2001-2004 should have a open locker in the rear as it stops the tires electronically.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,969 Posts
According to what I've found, the LSD only comes with AWP in the 2002 base cars - like mine. Limited, H6, LL Bean - all should have LSD if they are non-VDC, from what I know. A pretty large share of base cars came with LSD, so on the whole I suspect a non-LSD car is rarer than one with. I think 03-04 may have seen all cars with LSD. Once VDC took over on all cars, no more LSD on any of them.

·
Registered
2013 outback 3.6r
151 Posts
changed my power steering fluid.. cycled through like a quart and a half.. got the same pump the guy lists in the video and it worked awesome..picked up some catrol atf from walmart when i was there.

did it like this.. emptied the reservoir out then refilled then started and cycled the steering wheel a half a dozen times back and forth. did this like 4 times which is about when the fluid started looking like the stuff i put it in..drove it back and forth to work for a week and checked it this past friday and it was clean..still pumped out the reservoir and refilled it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b8ENYfd2Xo

·
Registered
2013 outback 3.6r
151 Posts
Ordered Baja Turbo RSB, and a bunch of oil filters. Replaced the fuel filter to get ready for winter. Started to learn how to MIG weld, toying with the idea of making an exhaust system over the winter.

looks like that will be my next upgrade.. the bar and the bushings aren't stupid expensive..

also mig welding is fun.. i've done a lot of it at work.. if you can get a decent welder

·
Registered
531 Posts
went to the local UPull and picked a whole wiper and linkage assembly and right side fog
went back home and put everything on
I filled a hole in the rear light assembly of the deck with silicone because water was getting in the lights

·
On the Super Mod Squad
27,785 Posts
looks like that will be my next upgrade.. the bar and the bushings aren't stupid expensive..

also mig welding is fun.. i've done a lot of it at work.. if you can get a decent welder
you need a new username. 1998 is not 2003.

(dream one up, and contact admin to swap it).

·
Registered
531 Posts
went to the local UPull and picked a whole wiper and linkage assembly and right side fog
went back home and put everything on
I filled a hole in the rear light assembly of the deck with silicone because water was getting in the lights
and now that the wiper doesn't rub on the A pillar anymore I put 2 brand new ones

·
Registered
531 Posts
new front disks and pads
they were soooo bad ...
still to do : inner tie rods and getting a set of winter tires and the car will handle like a new one

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
19,289 Posts
Re-booted and put back the OEM axle. No more vibrations.
a post like this is what tells us those folks claiming the issue with vibration is caused by worn transmission mounts are likely wrong.

·
Premium Member
2001 Outback 2.5/Manual
88 Posts
Got home from work installed intake connected all wires. Hoping to get this project finished before winter. Time running out.

·
Premium Member
02' OBW VDC
20 Posts
Today purchased
Spark Plugs
Air Filter/Cabin Filter
PCV Valve
Tubing
Seafoam
100% Isopropyl
Battery Warmer
O2 sensor
Have some codes coming up and ya purchased and time to get this car ready for the winter season :D
Also looking for some new tires, these summer city tires are not going to cut it for this winter in North Dakota. (More snow than lower temps im seeing)
New owner of this 2002 obw vdc and well I LOVE IT... Makes me say thank the gods i got rid of my mini cooper that was always being worked on and raced and money sunk into it lol. barely drove it

Next month
Sharptones from hella
new bulbs everywhere (brighter fresher)
Window tint brights do not do justice at 4am
amp mods upgrade speakers add aux cord to mcintosh and and thats about it along with the sway bar upgrades, new struts tires everthing else is pretty solid, has high mileage but going to be my get to west coast asap and stay put vehicle

2041 - 2060 of 5105 Posts