Subaru Outback Forums banner

4221 - 4227 of 4227 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my 04 ll beam outback wagon a few days ago. Today the alarm decided to randomly start going off while the wife had it at work. So i got the privlige of trying to find out how to disable it before she had a melt down. Also ive been pulling fuses an looking at relays since the day we bought the car because the blinkers an hazards where not working. But lucky my i managed to stumble across this amazing forum and found the shining light at the end of the tunnel. Lol Who would've though the answer would be as simple as a button on the steering column...

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean H6
489 Posts
Rear ended on my way from work today. Bumper took the brunt of the damage. He had it worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4, Gen 2 H6's: 2001 LLBean, 2002 LLBean, 2002 VDC, 2003 Plain...I love the H6's!
204 Posts
Rear ended on my way from work today. Bumper took the brunt of the damage. He had it worse

It looks like your car was only slightly damaged, good for you!. That said, get a repair estimate and pocket the money! We did this with a similar accident involving our 2001. The damage was an imprint of the other car's license plate numbers. I believe we were paid +/- $400.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean H6
489 Posts
It looks like your car was only slightly damaged, good for you!. That said, get a repair estimate and pocket the money! We did this with a similar accident involving our 2001. The damage was an imprint of the other car's license plate numbers. I believe we were paid +/- $400.
Well little more than just cosmetic. There’s holes in the bumper cover and don’t know what might be damaged behind it. Looking after I got home I found one of the bumper cover brackets disconnected and all the push pins missing. Biggest concern is if there’s any airbag sensors in the back that bight trigger later unexpectedly.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,135 Posts
Leak at oil cooler adapter is getting worse, I have a new seal on the way, may tackle that before Spring.

I also got a coupla inner ties rods - Amazon , been price watching them for a while, under $20 each seemed like a good time to buy. That project and an axle swap can wait til Spring. Still need to fine the squeak-groan in the rear suspension....
Well, put it up on ramps and got ready to replace the OC seal, discovered it may not be leaking but valve cover gasket on the right side seems to be.

I left the cover off so I cold monitor better.

Not sure I want to tackle that job, not in winter anyway. I will just keep an eye on the oil level for now.

The typical problems are really adding up now, and it's the only car my wife can drive her Mom and my grandson around in. I'd feel better about trying to do the work myself if I didn't feel I needed to do it quickly. sigh

·
Registered
2003 Outback LL Bean with 224,000 on the clock and a 03 Outback Limited with 157K
123 Posts
Pulled the dash back apart. Friend clued me in as to why the radio had such terrible reception - there's an antenna amplifier that's powered by the blue wire on an aftermarket harness. I assumed it was for an actual power antenna that some cars had back in the day, and didn't bother hooking it up. Hooked it up and oh hey, the radio actually works now!
Which OEM wire runs the antenna amp and where is it located in the OEM harness?
Thanks,
JIm

4221 - 4227 of 4227 Posts