Subaru Outback Forums banner

4601 - 4620 of 4622 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2.5
206 Posts
Streamline Auto in Hildale took care of me. I'm back on the road. I still stopped by Autozone and picked up a couple more bolts just in case. I still plan on going to the dealership and getting an OEM bolt or 2.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback H6 VDC
75 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback 2.5
4 Posts
That’s a bummer, but I really like your headlights!
Thanks! I think these are EU/JDM spec headlights, different from the ones in the US. Wasn't too much of a bummer tbh since we were stuck in there only for 5 minutes or so, until a van happened to pass by and offered to help. Didn't even break anything so it was all fun and games. Maybe I got a bit lucky actually, if I had gotten further down the path I would probably have ended up being really stuck!

·
Registered
2002 Outback VDC
236 Posts
I finally found the passenger side rear sunroof drain hose. Had some water leaking out of the seatbelt holder up in the headliner and took it apart yesterday. Everything looked good so I thought the problem must be down below. The passenger side hose is not any harder to find, although less intuitive than the drivers side. See my DIY Clean your passenger side drain hose

It looks like the previous owner must have had a habit of driving through pine needle storms...

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2.5
206 Posts
Got back from Utah today. Got 29mpg going to Utah and 28mpg coming back. ~380 miles from Mesa.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Legacy Outback.. EJ20 swap. Base or L. 4S3BH665527xxxxxx
309 Posts
Idled it with the AC on, the RPMs vary a bit.

Are the RPMs supposed to go up/down with the AC on at idle,? (In patterns)

·
Registered
'04 Outback H6-3.0 L.L. Bean in Seamist Green, '00 Legacy L in Timberline Green
24 Posts
Made some miscalculations and had to be towed. Really thought the rear LSD would have helped me pull out but I guess not.

Those rear viscous LSDs only work if they have been maintained with fluid changes and are relatively low mileage, otherwise they are basically open diffs at this point. Even when they work in the best condition, they only send like 20-30% of the power to the wheel with traction i believe

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks! I think these are EU/JDM spec headlights, different from the ones in the US. Wasn't too much of a bummer tbh since we were stuck in there only for 5 minutes or so, until a van happened to pass by and offered to help. Didn't even break anything so it was all fun and games. Maybe I got a bit lucky actually, if I had gotten further down the path I would probably have ended up being really stuck!
Yeah, those are Revision D HID headlights which I just ordered a pair of for my bean and they should be here next week (and they have left/right beam adjustment, also need to get a leveler for the motor that raises or lowers the beam). Really nice outback though! Love that somewhat two-tone green, my favorite color combo on those EU/AU Outbacks and JDM Lancasters. Also, are your EU headlights HID out of curiosity?

·
Registered
Two Gen 2 Outbax, Third on the way...maybe an '04 H6 Beanie OBW this week.
29 Posts
New tires and wheels for mine, too. ....and I don't even have the car, yet. What the cuss word! The girl I'm buying it from is camping in the desert until Saturday . I get the car Sunday. Pics, then.

I can post pics tomorrow of my tires and rims. They're in my warehouse at work. Super good deal...4 New tires, 4 stock 16" Subie wheels....and the seller threw in two NIB rear struts . He put FXT suspension, new wheels, plus Yoko Geos on his for a two inch lift. I got a deal, he got a $50 tip on top of his asking price.

·
Registered
Outback H4 2001 (Australian)
2 Posts
Hmmm... what did I do today?
Yesterday I've changed the rear brake pads on my OB Wombat, and today went to change the front rotors and pads - only to discover my OB has 294mm rotors (meant to have 277mm going by the order catalogues).
Been searching the net on this and came across this forum, so joined up :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
New tires and wheels for mine, too. ....and I don't even have the car, yet. What the cuss word! The girl I'm buying it from is camping in the desert until Saturday . I get the car Sunday. Pics, then.

I can post pics tomorrow of my tires and rims. They're in my warehouse at work. Super good deal...4 New tires, 4 stock 16" Subie wheels....and the seller threw in two NIB rear struts . He put FXT suspension, new wheels, plus Yoko Geos on his for a two inch lift. I got a deal, he got a $50 tip on top of his asking price.

And here they are!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cool Beans! Gotta put some clean and shine on the rims for the swap next week. The Firestone Blizzaks on OEM rims will go under a tarp for the next 5-6 months then back on for the snow season.

The new tires and I do mean brand new are this:

Which are Sumitomo's house brand or something like that. These tires are $640 installed out the door at Les Schwab. I'm stoked at the deal I got.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool Beans! Gotta put some clean and shine on the rims for the swap next week. The Firestone Blizzaks on OEM rims will go under a tarp for the next 5-6 months then back on for the snow season.

The new tires and I do mean brand new are this:

Which are Sumitomo's house brand or something like that. These tires are $640 installed out the door at Les Schwab. I'm stoked at the deal I got.
Yeah, my rims are dirty as well, definitely needs a good shining. I actually think those rims you got came from an early gen 2 impreza, forgot they had similar rims

·
Registered
29 Posts
They guy I got them from has an '03 Impreza....now with jumbo Geolanders on 15" maybe Scara wheels.

4601 - 4620 of 4622 Posts