Subaru Outback Forums banner

5301 - 5320 of 5378 Posts

·
Registered
05 Outback 2.5i manual
4 Posts
to put rear lift spacer more easily just disconnect rear sway bar, and if its not enough lousen those 3 links bushes, then all it will come down just enough to put strut back in. i did it alone without any tools just hands. You need to lousen those links with lift anyway and then tighten them in another position so suspension would work properly, or else those bushes will allways fight suspension and they will wear off very fast.
Thanks for the tips! Ill definitely give that a shot next time Ive got garage access. We've got about 6 inches of snow here now so Id rather not do it in the driveway haha

·
Registered
05 Outback 2.5i manual
4 Posts
Update from the last time! Snagged a set of WRX wheels from a friend of mine who had them sitting around and painted them up. Got the roof basket on, tinted the fog lights, got a new state inspection, and ceramic waxed it. Just in time for the snow to start! Still need to fix the broken outer drivers door handle though, getting annoying having to open it from the inside

photo_2019-11-07_12-52-17.jpg

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.0XT Limited
63 Posts
Update from the last time! Snagged a set of WRX wheels from a friend of mine who had them sitting around and painted them up. Got the roof basket on, tinted the fog lights, got a new state inspection, and ceramic waxed it. Just in time for the snow to start! Still need to fix the broken outer drivers door handle though, getting annoying having to open it from the inside
View attachment 473607
View attachment 473609
i dig the yellow tint on the fog, can you point me in the right direction?

thank you

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
707 Posts
Went to the pull and pay and got some front brake rotors! Got a set of slotted and drilled off a 03 Forester that I believe will fit the Outback, and a set off a 10 Outback that I am most sure will fit the 05. $47.00 for all four!
Also for those in the Denver area, the Littleton U-Pull has an 05 LGT with complete front brake system. Calipers and mounts looked a little worse for wear though.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i, Auto Transmission, 270k+
256 Posts
Painted the winter rims on one side with Rustoleum gloss black peel-able rubber.

Wanted to see how it would look before attempting something more permanent.

Think I know what I am doing next summer... (Me likey!)

·
Registered
2005 LL Bean 3.0
36 Posts
Did you also change out the sway bar bushings?
Woah - major delay here but yes, went with OEMs. The old ones honestly weren't that bad - even for 204k miles.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC 5eat , 2'' lift
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Didn't really do anything with mine. I went to the U Pull and sourced a fuel pump for the couple across the street from me, they are in their 80's and don't have a lot of money. They have a Gen 2 Outback and a new pump is $565.00, and it is probably the cap that cracks or it's O-ring. Can't get just that cap, so I sourced a used pump for $24.00. Will find out tomorrow when I pull their pump what is actually wrong with it. I do know it was only putting out 14 PSI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Replaced the window switch unit in the drivers door. Something broke in it (felt like a spring missing) and the drivers window was going up and down randomly and not moving when I pressed the buttons.
5 minute job.
All good now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2007 3.0R Outback 5EAT SI-Drive, Push Start JDM 130k km
252 Posts
Replaced rear disc brake pads to find neither of the lower slide pins moved freely, these are the ones with the rubber piece at the end. Replaced with new OEM parts greased up with permatex caliper lube now the movement on the pins is way better.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dropped Kurt's driver seat off at the upholsterer to have his seat cover repaired.

This is the before:
20191116_112959.jpg
20191116_113004.jpg

Will post the after pictures when I get the seat back!

·
Registered
Outback 2006 3.0Rn 5EAT Wagon.
456 Posts
Didn't really do anything with mine. I went to the U Pull and sourced a fuel pump for the couple across the street from me, they are in their 80's and don't have a lot of money. They have a Gen 2 Outback and a new pump is $565.00, and it is probably the cap that cracks or it's O-ring. Can't get just that cap, so I sourced a used pump for $24.00. Will find out tomorrow when I pull their pump what is actually wrong with it. I do know it was only putting out 14 PSI.
Good for you!

·
Registered
707 Posts
What was the damage for the seat repair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cost me $100.00 for the labor, and I supplied a cover I got from the junkyard off a sedan. The sedan seat is just a bit taller so it wouldn't swap right over.

He also replaced the outer bolster on the bottom cushion with the left over material.

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,602 Posts
Today I got into the car and noticed a weird warning chime I’ve never noticed before. It was a different tone than the normal seatbelt chime. So there was two chimes. Anybody get this??

·
Registered
05 Outback XT, 2.5l, 150k miles, black, remote start, hard wired aux input
14 Posts
was getting a lot of vibration at anything over about 30 mph. felt like it was coming from the front L so I changed out the axle and ball joint. still there. dealership said I needed a new drive shaft. I had purchased 2 axles, but hadn't put the other one in the R side yet. almost bought a new drive line, but figured I should put the R side axle in first and then go check out the junk yard...didn't need the drive shaft after all.

think this might have been the problem?

·
Registered
2005 Legacy Wagon 2.5i
24 Posts
I had to replace my rear passenger side wheel bearing again. I replaced what I believe was the original one 14k miles and less then a year ago, but the new one just started making that droning noise above 25mph. Got the new one under warranty (Timken) and put it in. I'm thinking the premature wear could have been because the toe angle of that wheel was off, but it's also possible I just got a bad part. Even though I put it in less then a year ago the one that was on there looked really rough, guess I have NE winters to thank for that.
I had a bad Timken a few months ago. My alignment was spot on. It failed in less than 1k Miles.

5301 - 5320 of 5378 Posts