Subaru Outback Forums banner

5421 - 5440 of 5490 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Outback 3.0R, '91 Justy, '93 Loyale, '15 Crosstrek, '04STi (RIP)
20 Posts
Looks like it wasn't the half shaft but rather the rear U-joint in the driveshaft.
The new drive shaft fixed the problem! And the best part is Amazon had the price for a Dorman listed wrong so I got it for less than $200 with next day delivery! It is now listed at $675.

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
439 Posts
The only thing I can think of that could add some challenge is the last row of plugs, it would be deeper into the frame. however, I'm sure with the correct set of tools all should work well.

I will tell you I have tried a variety of plug sockets, extensions, and articulations, there is an all in one magnetic, with extension and articulation that is the perfect size, I got it from Autozone.

lastly, I sent you a direct message with the contact info for my mechanic

let me know how else I may be of assistance
Something like this, but magnetic? 3/8 in. Drive Dual Flex Ratchet
Or more of a multiple universal or flexible extension with magnet?

I really just gotta take the plunge and try the dang job! It's not like I've never done plugs, wires, distributor, etc! Just not on a boxer!

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.0XT Limited
73 Posts
Something like this, but magnetic? 3/8 in. Drive Dual Flex Ratchet
Or more of a multiple universal or flexible extension with magnet?

I really just gotta take the plunge and try the dang job! It's not like I've never done plugs, wires, distributor, etc! Just not on a boxer!
actually I was talking about this

and a regular 3/8 ratchet, but this was the perfect size to do by hand and with the ratchet to get the job done.

Thank you
Pedro Faria

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
439 Posts
Awesome, thank you. I can't imagine that extension fitting between the heads and frame-rail on my H6 at it's narrowest point, but maybe just the socket.

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
439 Posts
Awesome, thank you. I can't imagine that extension fitting between the heads and frame-rail on my H6 at it's narrowest point, but maybe just the socket.
I used a regular socket and I think 2 or 3in wobble extension from the local auto parts store. Worked perfect. I did use my cornwell swivel head ratchet though. It rotates at the center of the head instead of the bottom. I think harbor freight has a cloned one now. It's super easy if the car is on ramps. Just be careful with the coil pack connectors. I've read they can be brittle.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
32 Posts
I installed OEM rear cup holder in place of the one that broke 7-8 years ago. I still can't get over how bad of the design it is. Prone to failure big time. Simple swap but some patience is needed since you are working with plastic that just might break.

I got it from another member:

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD 5eat , 2'' lift
1,392 Posts
put on largest wheels that 3rd gen can take 225/65R17 winter tires . in size its now 28.5' wheels. without modifications they wont fit in front , need some cut lower bumper lip and some hammer other side in front . rear was fine
its with 2'' lift and 25mm wheel spacers.
so yes you can fit 28.5' wheels on it but its on its limit .
and you can feel without measuring that car lifted more now , when going into car or going out it feels that its higher. i took passenger to drive and she said first moment that car feels higher again.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Base. 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i. 2013 Harely-Davidson FLHTK.
740 Posts
Installed the new RR upper link on Kurt! I hope my clunk is 100% gone now!

·
Registered
2005 Legacy Wagon Limited 4EAT
147 Posts
A kit from AVOJDM with the JDM hazard switch is like $50 more shipped (converting from yen). Not a huge difference but $50 is $50. What do you mean about the brackets though? These look the same as what AVOJDM is selling.

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
439 Posts
A kit from AVOJDM with the JDM hazard switch is like $50 more shipped (converting from yen). Not a huge difference but $50 is $50. What do you mean about the brackets though? These look the same as what AVOJDM is selling.
For some reason at the time I was remembering my brackets where black and not silver. But I was wrong on that end.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
DIY front recovery points and hilift jack lift points in front

still eaving full front bumper as it now so high with new tires and lift, but maybe later i will modify it to some degre. will see

·
Registered
233 Posts
put on largest wheels that 3rd gen can take 225/65R17 winter tires . in size its now 28.5' wheels. without modifications they wont fit in front , need some cut lower bumper lip and some hammer other side in front . rear was fine
its with 2'' lift and 25mm wheel spacers.
so yes you can fit 28.5' wheels on it but its on its limit .
and you can feel without measuring that car lifted more now , when going into car or going out it feels that its higher. i took passenger to drive and she said first moment that car feels higher again.

I don’t recall the total size but I have 235/65/17 I think on my car with 4.5” lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I started the engine on my 2009 today after swapping out the worn-out NGK's with huge gaps. I've been repairing the new-to-me car for months as a project. Big thanks to all the contributors in this forum for the troubleshooting advice!

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
11 Posts
I built my own air pump delete plates, as I don’t need the air pump (in the middle of swapping engine from 07 lgt into my 06 OBXT)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
meeting with local forester club ... im so high on used winter tires in mud that i have no problems there at all. not even touching front bumper

5421 - 5440 of 5490 Posts