60 Posts
Knock-off version? Ya got a link?

Sent from my V35-ThinQ using Tapatalk
Link (post #6) and more details are in this thread:

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
578 Posts
All the ones on eBay say 08-18 or so. Anyone know if 08 steering column is much different from an 06?

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
57 Posts
I think that matte black rims look DIY/plastidipped whereas gloss/satin look a little more professional.

I’m also very interested in purchasing the steering lock down! Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
121 Posts
Knock-off version? Ya got a link?

Link is somewhere in this discussion. I should have ordered it too -
Still waiting on my Perrin order.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All the ones on eBay say 08-18 or so. Anyone know if 08 steering column is much different from an 06?

I don’t really know but..... Check out the Perrin Lockdown discussion link. In an opening post I was able to cross reference parts number for u-joint from 2005 XT (listed on Perrin site as confirmed fit) with my 2008 XT (my car). Based on that, as well on the fact that one of the owners of 2008 OBXT from Facebook group confirmed it fits his I ordered Perrin part. That said I would imagine that eBay part would also fit. I would recommend cross referencing part numbers for u-join for both your car and one they list it fits. Not an expert when it comes to cars but I figured that was solid logic ;) so just went with that.

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT (5MT)
60 Posts
If it's listed to fit an 05, and we have confirmed fitment for 08 and 09... Pretty sure it will fit all of gen 3.

Edit:
Here you go:

This universal joint is specific to the Outback, but the lockdown kit also fits others of the same design with slightly different lengths. Point is, this is proof it fits just about any gen 3 outback, looks like the 09 H6 is excluded but all else uses the same exact universal joint.

·
Premium Member
2006 Outback Sedan LLBean
578 Posts
Thanks for that help with cross reference of the lockdown!

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,631 Posts
Drove just 70km with 20l lpg in city. Just terrible mpg. Need to look at it more. Guess thats why too rich fuel mix errors.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Over the weekend - Long overdue detailing. Wash, then interior. Vacuumed everything, wiped down all surfaces, cleaned windows then leather treatment. Car does feel nice again. Also signed up for FL4TFEST 2020 Driftless Cruise. I have done hundreds of various cycling events (mostly races) but I have never participated in anything car related. https://m.facebook.com/events/419879595305360

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5l AT and LPG fueled
26 Posts
Removed the child car seat so I could clean the rear seats. Found a vivid biotope of cake crumbs, puke and a toy car. 🤢
The leather greedily absorbed the leather cleaner and looks shiny again - till next next bumpy ride...

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,669 Posts
Found a vivid biotope of cake crumbs, puke and a toy car. 🤢
The leather greedily absorbed the leather cleaner and looks shiny again - till next next bumpy ride...
Leather is very forgiving that way and recovers - although if it's like the US models it's pleather.

Not my image of the average German-owned car, BTW - I guess the difference is that I haven't been in family cars!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Removed the child car seat so I could clean the rear seats. Found a vivid biotope of cake crumbs, puke and a toy car. 🤢
Probably too late for now, but next time I would recommend removing a bench seat and checking out for more “treasure” there. Yup, it always feels good right after car is cleaned!

5921 - 5935 of 5935 Posts