·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
168 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
908 Posts
Weighed my outback after work today. Came in about 3860 lbs +/- 20 lbs, thats with me in it. I'm fairly light at 160. So 3700 lbs with a sub isn't to heavy.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
168 Posts
is that for lifted car ? why longer brackets for bushings ?i cant fit anymore mine in rear at all after lift.
Not sure if that will work with lifted. I use them for stock ground clearance. Brackets are longer and have 3 holes. Bottom 2 holes line up with existing mounting points while the 3rd hole utilizes cars existing brackets to create additional mounting point making everything flex less. Given you like some off-roading I am not sure if you would actually want it. See pic. 2 stock mounting points for silver bushing strap plus 3rd additional mounting point above it. I am sure @traildogck can explain it better.
I

·
Registered
392 Posts
just hit 280k so it was oil and fitler change time ... just love fumoto drain valves especially when you have a bash plate on

·
Registered
2009 Outback Limited 2.5i Pearl White Metallic
95 Posts
Got some new wheels! It's a 2009 Outback Limited 2.5i. Got it off an older lady who kept it in the garage. Car is pristine. It was just due for a timing belt and head gaskets. All that is done, and I installed these 2013 Subaru BRZ wheels. Look a LOT better than the old ones, and are the exact same size. 17x7 with a 48mm backspace. Love them with the white pearl metallic and factory window tint. Got them through Ebay. Were better than the description. Very happy with them!

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i
464 Posts
New CV axle, front passenger.
Thought only the inner boot was torn, but after removal, it was apparent both boots were open.
Had been driving on it for like a year, lol...no symptoms - just knew it needed to be done.
Also discovered my front sway bar links are shot.

·
Registered
JDM 2008 BP 9 Outback 2.5i Limited
123 Posts
JDM model, according to your signature -- is that the original Bilstein shock, as offered for this model? Or are you lowered and using Legacy(Liberty)-sizes?
Looks really clean between that and the bright aluminium, nice work! And on the front-end, too. Have some friendly envy! :alien:
Thanks! Yes, these are the OEM Bilstein option - 5056J, I think, from memory. You retain stock OB height. When I bought them last year, Japanparts told me they were one of the last two sets in the country...

interestingly, the wheel alignment guys haven’t been able to get the rear toe within specs since I fitted these Whiteline camber-adjust bushes. I need to get back under there and figure what’s going on....

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
846 Posts
That was me! I think... Here's my setup:
View attachment 496952

If others are interested in this exact setup here's my (small) writeup. There's also plenty of similar setups around this forum that inspired me.
Awesome ! Thank you! Its a great upgrade for adding lights to the cargo area. Right now its all prototyped in. I was playing around with light placement this weekend. I plan on finishing up wiring a switch and the disconnect plugs when the parts get here tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
EU '05 Outback 3.0R
21 Posts
Thanks! Yes, these are the OEM Bilstein option - 5056J, I think, from memory. You retain stock OB height. When I bought them last year, Japanparts told me they were one of the last two sets in the country...

interestingly, the wheel alignment guys haven’t been able to get the rear toe within specs since I fitted these Whiteline camber-adjust bushes. I need to get back under there and figure what’s going on....
Bilstein option with stock OB height? It sounds way too good!

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
846 Posts
Awesome ! Thank you! Its a great upgrade for adding lights to the cargo area. Right now its all prototyped in. I was playing around with light placement this weekend. I plan on finishing up wiring a switch and the disconnect plugs when the parts get here tomorrow.

Buttoning it all up. I blacked out the double sided sticky tape with a sharpie and drilled a couple of 5/32 holes for 6.1 mm push fasteners to mount the light. I also added a switch for the lights

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5l AT and LPG fueled
40 Posts
Task list for today:

1. Memorial service for the fallen troops of the community

2. Tire change (incl junior's lug nut check)

3.Enjoy a beer
🍻

Cheers

·
Registered
08 Outback, 2.5 engine. 2018 Forester Premium
3 Posts
I installed a new OEM knock sensor on the 08 that my wife drives (123,000 miles) no symptoms just some preventive maintenance. Installed front and rear OEM sway bar bushings and lower control arms with ball joints last month. She loves that car so plan to keep it running as long as possible, I like it as well. I ended up with a 18 Forester Premium in July since I don't like the looks of the newer generation Outbacks.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
JDM 2008 BP 9 Outback 2.5i Limited
123 Posts
Installed Whiteline KDT927 into the rear differential cradle bushings which has made a difference. It also meant we didn't have to drop the rear subframe to press in new bushings or alternately try to fill them with 3m windo weld.
Nice one. I did the same a few weeks ago... I'm not sure I notice any difference, but I was under there unbolting everything else, so I figured I may as well do it. I couldn't get mine to push in correctly without trimming a taper on the bottom tangs...

6121 - 6140 of 6161 Posts