·
Registered
2006 Outback H6, 2003 Forester X
6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 2.5, prior 2005 base/2000 manual
62 Posts
Replaced the engine and cabin air filters today. (and on my Highlander) The engine wasn't bad, but I'm not sure the cabin had ever been replaced (new to me OB). Also looked at my AC condenser drain after reading some other threads and found a small rock in the bottom... no water came out after I removed it, but interesting none the less!

Here is a pic of the cabin filter, I think a mouse must had tried to make a nest at some point... (the stuff was more evenly spread out when I pulled it out)

·
Registered
2005 OBXT manual
18 Posts
And good Lord did the trans fluid need to be changed. Before the shifter felt like a shorter version of the early 90s gmc sierra I used to have. Nothing looked wrong with any of the gear oil and there wasn't any alarmingly large metal fragments on the plug magnets, but the difference in shifter feel is amazing. Ordered the energy suspension shifter bushing kit. Hoping to get this shifter feel at least vaguely similar to the Acura I recently sold. Shifter feel is what I miss most about that car. (Rolling the windows down with the key fob is a close second thou, when it's 90+ most of the year)
I changed mine yesterday and immediately noticed an incredible difference. It was like it had never been done before...came out black as tar and smelling burnt. Surprisingly no big metal chunks on the plug magnet, just some small shavings. I put 75w90 valvoline synthetic in as a temporary, but ordered some RedLine 75w90 NS. So next oil change I'm going to put the RedLine in there (supposed to be great stuff). Feels like a new transmission already, I know I need a new second gear synchro-currently debating whether or not to just get a whole new transmission or not.

·
Registered
06 LL Bean 3.0 R
15 Posts

One back up light and the high center brake light stopped working (due to broken wires) so 4 hours ago I started replacing all the wiring between the body and the gate.

I think this is a good stopping point until I get some shut eye.

6241 - 6249 of 6249 Posts