Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
6881 - 6897 of 6897 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Mazda 6 && 2007 Outback 3.0 LLBean, WGO
510 Posts
Back on the east coast to spend more quality time with the Subaru I mean, wife and cat...
Visited a Pick-your-part to get some door weatherstripping in better shape than mine, and a non-warped cowl panel.

Ordered pads and front rotors from Rock Auto to decisively deal with the brake shudder -- just in time, as a squeal is starting.
RockAuto shipped mismatched rotors 🤦‍♂️ The second box was 1" smaller each way, and was a 4-bolt rotor. But someone in their warehouse stuck the wrong label on it.
Love them so much (hah, not), and this is 3 strikes in one year, I think. (I swear, I don't only post here to rant about RockAuto!)

Can't get the matched one shipped in time for Monday. So now do I go spend twice as much for local rotors? Or wait three days, drive up to CT, and throw on the rust-free LGT brakes and calipers waiting in my parents' garage? :unsure:

Also, I got to inspect in person the newly-replaced windshield! I liked that shop for taking initiative and sanding/primering the rust they found under the old glass... until I saw the giant gouges they left in the paint on both A-pillers. :mad:

To top it off, I've spent an hour in line + on the phone with Lowes, Kobalt, and JS Products (who actually makes Kobalt hand tools) this week to just replace a dang flare nut wrench that cracked. o_O
JS is mailing a new one right to me; Lowes had none in stock and just washed their hands. I might just be buying Harbor Freight from now on.

So, this has been the week of "Can't trust anyone to do a [email protected] job right anymore".

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon LLBean 3.0R Automatic
1,181 Posts
Curious.... Does this also disable the "you left the key in the ignition so I won't let you lock the doors, no matter how hard you try" function?
no,

although the keyfob will not lock, nor unlock the car when the key is in the ignition (off position).

I can lock the door with the lock button on the door, and key in ignition. Unlocking requires a key (does not have to be an expensive transponder key), cause the remote wont unlock.

Do you know where your spare key is? lol

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
286 Posts
Just a reminder to enable SRS on your radio (if equipped). Hold down the audio button for couple seconds (circled red) and a SRS symbol will appear (circled green). Way better quality of sound with it being on.
Vehicle Car Vehicle audio Audio equipment Auto part

Also I used AUX port in a center console to plug in the Bluetooth thingy. Did not test it out too much yet, just a podcast, some music (any recommendations for free music apps where I can build playlists?) and map. Works good so far. Not sure if I will be able to use it for calling due to the fact mic is in a console.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i, Auto Transmission, 270k+
331 Posts
iOS. Thanks in advance.
You might try VLC.

I have used this on my Mac and Linux boxes to create playlists for music on the USB flash drive I use in my Chevy Cruze.

I did some checking, and it looks like there is an iOS version available through the Apple Play Store.

My second-hand-use-in-a-pinch iPhone SE (2016) needs a charge (again), so I can't verify how well/easy this works.

(Also, I'm an Android guy, so I don't necessarily know iOS as well as others.)

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT
35 Posts
Built a tune for my DP and 3 port BCS. Started with a DP only tune that was shared on the Romraider forums and then made a guess at WGDC numbers based on another three port tune, and shaved off a bit to be safe. I fully expect this tune won't make target boost but ya gotta start somewhere.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
631 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
631 Posts
It's good condition and low miles, yes, but not for $15k.
I agree I think that’s why it’s still for sale they must be firm on price or no one has tried throwing them a reasonable number yet

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,898 Posts
so 7cm lift was too much ..why not make 8cm lift then in rear... so there you go , 8cm rear lift ... put 1.2cm rear subframe drop on oem bolts and then put 7cm spacers and it almost gone good. so now its even more lift in rear and cv axles are more happy
so 5cm font and 8cm rear lift

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all. I got (for free from my mother in law) a 07 basic with 162000 miles on the clock (it was in a front end collision many many years ago (08 I believe) and has a salvage title... But has been running like a champ. It is my commuter vehicle (10 miles to work... I know... Not much but better than my 2500 diesel ram)

This is a blast to drive! Super excited to be here. Thanks all!

I have already replaced the compressor, condenser, replaced stereo with a double din and backup camera, working on replacing the hvac fan, and adding window tint (live in so cal and it gets freaking hot. Goi g to be adding auto start, and possibly giving it a respray and new rims. Might want to lower it a touch

·
Premium Member
2005 Mazda 6 && 2007 Outback 3.0 LLBean, WGO
510 Posts
LGT front brake swap completed! Sanded surface rust off, and anti-seized all the things (bolts, and below the rotor).
Also put in the speed-bleeders I'd bought but never installed for my 1999's rears.

Only complication was that I got too clever with the jack... took off the handle so we didn't keep tripping over it... but didn't think about the spring-return, which was too strong to bend back to re-mount the handle to lower it!
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle

🤦‍♂️
Ended up using a scissor-jack to lift just enough to slip this one out.

Does anyone know what the purpose of this rubber hole-plug is? Front-right wheel well, see where the wrench is pointing?
Hat Automotive tire Gas Auto part Motor vehicle

In other news, the replacement flare-nut wrench arrived, though my brake lines look like they're starting to corrode :( I didn't want to risk tearing one open without parts and a plan (and a whole day) to tackle that... sigh. The RockAuto return got processed too, so yay that wasn't too much of a loss.

To end on a high note, got the A/C working again with just a new relay! Much better than dealing with refrigerant.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
13,455 Posts
could that slot be for the ride height air suspension models?

Reactions: SwitchPNW
6881 - 6897 of 6897 Posts