Subaru Outback Forums banner
6961 - 6972 of 6972 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5l AT and LPG fueled
64 Posts
Lucky that it happened when your tire tread is already low. Time for 4 new tires!
Not at all. Tires have still 7 mm of tread and will replace only this particular tire. Tread difference to new tire is approxx 2-3 mm wich should be ok for the diff.🤓 For additional peace of mind I'll inflate the new tire with 1 or 2 psi less than the others.

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5 // 2009 OBXT 5MT - R.I.P.
430 Posts
Not at all. Tires have still 7 mm of tread and will replace only this particular tire. Tread difference to new tire is approxx 2-3 mm wich should be ok for the diff.🤓 For additional peace of mind I'll inflate the new tire with 1 or 2 psi less than the others.
Must be the angle, that tire looks bad :/

·
Registered
06 LL Bean 3.0 R
20 Posts
First I changed my serpentine belt (5 minutes)
Then I set about replacing the three large radiator hoses which had become swollen and squishy. While working the final hose onto the radiator, I discovered that the radiator is fatigued and quite brittle. The more I look at it, the more I think it may have been cracked before I started the hose swap. In the event that fitting is replaceable, please let me know where to get one so I don't have to buy a radiator.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,752 Posts
while I have read of rad. shops having tools to crimp new plastic tanks onto cores, I doubt it's a good way to proceed vs a new radiator. Have you priced them? Koyo, Denso from aftermarket should be fine.(RockAuto, Amazon, etc. AdvanceAuto used to have a nice coupon for first time buyers on-line.....)
I put a new rad in my WRX due to leaking at the tank/core seal and never looked back.

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
940 Posts
First I changed my serpentine belt (5 minutes)
Then I set about replacing the three large radiator hoses which had become swollen and squishy. While working the final hose onto the radiator, I discovered that the radiator is fatigued and quite brittle. The more I look at it, the more I think it may have been cracked before I started the hose swap. In the event that fitting is replaceable, please let me know where to get one so I don't have to buy a radiator.

View attachment 526259
What 1 lucky texan said. Even though you might be able to repair that part the rest is of the radiator is probably suspect too. Better off getting a replacement radiator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6961 - 6972 of 6972 Posts