Subaru Outback Forums banner

4861 - 4880 of 4918 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed my quad hella horns last night after repainting them. They were the standard red before since my 16 impreza was red. Used the same harness and just cut the horn connection off and soldered it since I didn't have a spade connector to use to just plug in to the factory connector. Have tons of parts on the way and a few parts that came off the impreza to put on the outback, found out a Perrin front plate relocation mount will work on the outback. But it's extremely close to the front bumper and that's with it only hand tight.

Holy horns!! How did you wire these?! I would love to have these in all the Atlanta traffic I drive in..lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed my quad hella horns last night after repainting them. They were the standard red before since my 16 impreza was red. Used the same harness and just cut the horn connection off and soldered it since I didn't have a spade connector to use to just plug in to the factory connector. Have tons of parts on the way and a few parts that came off the impreza to put on the outback, found out a Perrin front plate relocation mount will work on the outback. But it's extremely close to the front bumper and that's with it only hand tight.

Holy horns!! How did you wire these?! I would love to have these in all the Atlanta traffic I drive in..lol
This is a horn kit from subimods I bought a long time ago and just have transferred from vehicle to vehicle and they actually have a quad wiring harness with a relay for battery power just like a normal 2 horn setup

·
Registered
46 Posts
This is a horn kit from subimods I bought a long time ago and just have transferred from vehicle to vehicle and they actually have a quad wiring harness with a relay for battery power just like a normal 2 horn setup
Nice!! I need some horns in my life!! :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Changed the drivers side low beam, parking light and side marker bulbs. Left for work yesterday and had two head lights, got to work thirty minutes later and had one. I also noticed the side marker and parking light were out on the drivers side assembly. Thank you to all who posted their experiences and learning previously as it was very helpful. I got the job done in about fifty minutes which I feel is pretty good never having done it before.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installed HID's yesterday, honestly the most difficult vehicle to deal with for low beams. I now see why the warranty was extended and people don't want to deal with it. But after cussing at everything it was worth it for the extra light! And I learned my lightbar I have is too big to fit in the lower grill so I guess I'm going to look at getting a smaller one :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Worked really , really hard today. Un-pluged an electrical connecter, removed two screws, lifted out and sprayed the MAS and re-did, in reverse all that work I just accomplished. Total cost $ 10.38 and five minutes of my valuable time. I'm bushed. Time for a beer and a nap.

Oh, forgot to add. I had to pop the hood and re close it also. Really need the nap now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I spent the day researching my 2014 Outback for help in diagnosing the AT overheating warning light problem. I have 106,000 mostly highway miles as it's 40 miles to any size town. After reading of many problems with the CVT, I'm both sick and worried. The extended warranty for this problem ended last July and I'm facing 8K for a new CVT.
I am surprised that in Australia they not only rebuild them but also performance enhance them and in the U.S.A., we throw them away! Why? I love the car and would have never bought it if I had learned about the problems with the CVT. All the research I did in 2014 when I purchased it was positive with outstanding reliability and longevity At this point, I consider it an expensive 100,000 mile throw away. That sucks when you are on social security and need a reliable vehicle to get back and forth to MD Anderson in Houston. I feel I take excellent care of my vehicles with the best of regular maintenance and upkeep. My 2002 Silverado has 267,000 and runs great with no major problems since new. I surely expected at least the same reliability in my Outback. I'll run diagnostics on it tomorrow but the dealer already suggested I have gloom in my future. Thank you Subaru

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just bought the ‘offroad’ version of Inferno Fab’s headers/Jpipe with no cats on either, saved my $300 give or take had I ordered the headers with the cats. Bit over $800 shipped. Will be awaiting me getting back from Greece in three weeks! Will be nice and loud with the aFe intake and Nameless muffler delete axle back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed Noico Sound Dampener

So I put a lift on my 2014 Outback and put 235/65 tires on Motegi wheels. Overall, I love the new look; however, after about 10,000 I noticed a significant amount of road noise. The obvious cause was the the new lift and tire combo, so I looked at my options for making the ride quieter.

I found Noico 80 mil sound dampener on Amazon and figured "why not?" Mechanic shops were going to charge too much, and there were step by step instructions on Youtube. So far, I've done all four doors, the cargo/spare tire floor, the rear wheel wells, and the second row floor. I still need to do the driver/passenger floor and front wheel well, but so far I've already recorded a 10 decibel difference in the ride.

So it's not completely silent, but it is noticeably less noisy and the music from the OEM speakers/stereo seems clearer (or rather, better contained). Overal I've put about 8-9 hours of work into it so far over two days.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Over the last week:

1. Changed the oil and filter to Mobile 1 0w20 and a factory filter. The oil that was new but was a synthetic blend of unknown viscosity from the non-subie dealership where I got the OB.
2. Added a Fumoto 108N valve
3. Installed Hella Supertones in red w/ Subimods bracket and harness
4. Swapped out the H11 fog light bulbs that came with the OB for HELLA H11 Yellow-55W YL Xtreme Yellow Bulbs

Next month will see new tires... I'm on the fence as to what to put on. I've scoured the forum to help with direction but am still coming up undecided. My OB will see mostly on road use with possible some mellow trails, gravel roads and the like. I'm not sure if I want the expenditure to set it up for AT tires...wheels, lift...etc. Any opinions and or suggestions are appreciated.

Have a great day.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Over the last week:

1. Changed the oil and filter to Mobile 1 0w20 and a factory filter. The oil that was new but was a synthetic blend of unknown viscosity from the non-subie dealership where I got the OB.
2. Added a Fumoto 108N valve
3. Installed Hella Supertones in red w/ Subimods bracket and harness
4. Swapped out the H11 fog light bulbs that came with the OB for HELLA H11 Yellow-55W YL Xtreme Yellow Bulbs

Next month will see new tires... I'm on the fence as to what to put on. I've scoured the forum to help with direction but am still coming up undecided. My OB will see mostly on road use with possible some mellow trails, gravel roads and the like. I'm not sure if I want the expenditure to set it up for AT tires...wheels, lift...etc. Any opinions and or suggestions are appreciated.

Have a great day.
After doing the subimods Kit a number of years ago...my mounting bar for the horns broke...and one of the horns stopped working. Years of being directly in the road slop finally took its toll...just an fyi

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
4861 - 4880 of 4918 Posts
About this Discussion
4.9K Replies
923 Participants
TonyF
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing