Subaru Outback Forums banner

5001 - 5018 of 5018 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
59 Posts
GOT IT BACK from the body shop! On the road again! Will love to have heated seats, upright ride and cargo space again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bought my ‘13 3.6R Limited in July with 101k miles on it. Just had the 105k service a little early and had them change the oil in the diffs and transmission as well as the usual engine and filter.
Have to say, noticeable improvement in shifting. It’s smoother for sure. Not perfect but much much improved.
Whilst it was at the dealer, I also had them fit the primitive mid armour transmission skid plate since it arrived the night before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
8 Posts
What a beauty! Would you mind telling me where you got the bull bar?
Thanks! Rally Innovations Light Bar. I would be careful with the term "bull bar". It won't help you much if you ram a bull but it is stable! Just meant for lights.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i
11 Posts
Thanks! Rally Innovations Light Bar. I would be careful with the term "bull bar". It won't help you much if you ram a bull but it is stable! Just meant for lights.

Very much appreciated! Used to calling it a bull bar since everyone I've talked to has called them that plus I'm in Texas haha.

·
Registered
'14 Premium Mileage=77K
61 Posts
Blacked out the rear emblems and grill today. Still looking for a MT to trade her in on though. I hate the CVT but love everything else about my 5th Subie and 3rd Outback.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 3.6r
2 Posts
Hi all! Just picked up a new to me 2013 3.6r Limited with 110k miles about a month ago. 1 owner, some minor body damage but in great mechanical condition.

Today I did:
  • Oil change
  • Transmission fluid drain+fill
  • Coolant change
  • Power steering fluid change
  • Brake fluid change
  • Front/rear transmission fluid
  • Lamin-X the fog lights
  • Custom emblem sticker

On my schedule for the next week is changing the front/rear sway bushings, front brakes, and hopefully spark plugs soon. Also want to black out the grill, the grey bumper thing, and Subaru logos on the back. But I'll wait for warmer weather.

·
Registered
'03 Base OBW 5sp; '12 Outback Limited
59 Posts
Picked up a 2012 Limited in Ruby Red and in really good shape. This one is for my wife as she has never really been happy with the 09 Accord we got for her. It was more my decision back then then hers. :whistle:
The Outback has 70,000 miles on the body and supposedly about 20,000 on a new Subaru long block. The
Engine was replaced in Sept of 2018 due to HG failure. The previous owner had bought the car from Carvana with 45,500 miles on it and also purchased some kind of super duper Carvana warranty at the same time.

So when the car started to overheat Pep Boys replaced the radiator and when that didn't fix anything the previous owner took it to Subaru and I assumed they diagnosed HG failure. I'm not sure how it went from a simple HG replacement and Machine work on heads to a full long block but that is what the receipt from the local Subie dealer says. The previous owner paid about $1400 for the labor and shop supplies while I'm guessing Carvana paid for the long block???. I'm toying with the idea of checking with the dealer to see what they can verify, however, it was 1.5 years ago and this is a high volume place so not sure how they would view my questions or even remember.

In any case, my wife loves the Outback; her 2nd and our family's 5th Subaru. I'll be replacing the struts, shocks, mounts, and other suspension parts very soon as well as starting a baseline with all new fluids..... maybe even the CVT fluid right away and now waiting.(I've read about all the CVT issues). I've already changed out both air filers.........It's good to have some projects lined up again.

BTW, the Honda is going to my son and he's pretty excited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a 2013 2.5i Touring with 88,000kms on it in Nov. 2019. Still trying to get used the CVT, but other that, loving the car.

Quick updates on what's been done:

That's all for now. Looking to pickup a 1UP USA bike rack (IMO, the best bike rack out there) in spring, and possibly change up my headlight to the blacked out OEM ones.

Will post pictures when the weather's better 😄

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i
11 Posts
Went to the local REI store after dropping off my fiance at work and ran into a really nice CT owner who parked next to my OB. Exchanged in good conversation and told him about my wheels since he was interested, showed me his project for the cargo area he was converting into a sort of permanent sleeping area when he's out and about camping with his kids. First time talking to another Subie owner in person since getting my car this January and it felt good. The Subaru community is something wonderful and I'm very glad to be a part of it.

Cheers to you all 🍻

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,514 Posts
I went to Canadian Tire and loaded it up with 600 lbs of wood pellets for our pellet stove. That’s 15 40lb bags...

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,514 Posts

Our rally innovations light bar did not survive an accident a few years back. Insurance replaced it but it’s sitting in the our garage in the shipping box...never put it back on. The hardware is not stainless and in our climate...salty winters...it just rusts all to h3ll. I have four very nice lightforce lights to go back on it but unless I get some stainless bolts....

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
950 Posts
I actually got the car to fishtail a bit accelerating on dry pavement! Ok, so having just driven thru some standing mud made it possible. It was more than I've ever been able to get it to wag, even in the rain. The VDC nanny is just too strict, and as soon as it realized what was happening, it ended the fun again. Felt like one of my old V8 cars for a very brief moment. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amazing drive last night in which actually snowed on me, I was scouting for places to take my daughter sledding today, which we did! I really like the OB. Up in Angeles Crest before the tunnels on our way to Wrightwood.
image0.png
image1 (1).png
image2 (1).png

5001 - 5018 of 5018 Posts