Subaru Outback Forums banner

5121 - 5140 of 5159 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5
91 Posts
Great job, what did you use on grill?. Really like the light bar, easy or hard to install?.
plastidip on the grill about 8 coats, the light bar was pretty easy to install by pulling the bumper and bolting it to the bumper, but the bumper slants down so I had to add some washers to level it out but it works well

·
Registered
61 Posts
When the truck is down, the outback is put to work!

PSA, no I did not have animals in it or travel down the highway lol. Had to move it around the property.

It actually pulled rather nice for a 3k plus trailer,

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Going on this weekend, or should I say, 'going up'.
Nice! Let us know your impressions once it’s up! I just replaced my oem-equivalent kyb coil springs in the rear with Rallitek overload springs today. Going for an alignment in the morning. I hear the Kings are even stiffer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
465 Posts
IMG_0199.jpg
IMG_0221.jpg

Had a week off work so I spent some time with the family, went down by the lake had some stabucks and watched the waves and got out for a walk one day.
IMG_0201.jpg

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,078 Posts
installed rear 20mm bar... Subaru what were you thinking when you decided to use hex keys for tightening/removing buts? removing the old end link nuts, yeah.. what a joy... Does the 20mm bar make a difference on the outback? absolutely....would I recommend it? absolutely.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5
187 Posts
New Driver rear wheel bearing, and all four pads and rotors, what a perfect weekend!

Forgot to remove the ABS sensor first so I will be replacing that this week now!

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
453 Posts
Lets see.......I started mine and let it run for 10 minutes, after realizing I haven't drive her since last Tuesday. - We're basically still in lock-down here in NJ, at least for many businesses. (Yes, moved it enough to reduce any flat-spot forming).

Hey, but I get to drive somewhere on Thursday! - Woo-Hoo! Taking the dog for his water treadmill physical therapy, and it's a decent little run each way.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Our old steering wheel cover (wheel skins brand which is actually a premium cover) was getting oily and wrinkly. Tore it off and installed a custom Chinese cover from eBay that I ordered a month ago and came in this week. Turns out I actually like this way better than wheelskins.

Old Wheelskins brand cover. Been on the car since 2014. Yuck.

Old cover removed. Check out that original hard vinyl steering wheel. This is the base model so no soft leather. Hence the reason I need a cover.

New cover going on. Lots of stitching.

Done. Much better fit than the old cover. Looks like OEM.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love that! do you have a link to where you got it? Also how long and involved was the stitching?
This is the one I bought. Black PU Leather Steering Wheel Cover Wrap for Subaru Forester Outback Legacy XV | eBay
I would say it is pretty time-consuming to stitch and definitely requires lots of patience. Count on it taking at least a couple hours if you've never done it before. That's just the nature of the beast for these custom covers since they all need to be stitched.

·
Registered
'13 OB 3.6r
6 Posts
Everything went well, third time doing Suby suspension, first time doing subframe work. No problems there, thanks to Primitive. Rides surprising well, I'm surprised. This was the 1.5" lift kit, Bilstein B6s and SPT top hats. OE stuff has been posted in the FS section.

·
Registered
2012 2.5 Outback Manual
64 Posts
Woke up to a flat tire this morning. Ran over a screw yesterday. Got that plugged, and picked up parts for the clutch replacement.

Gave the A/C a recharge. She's coooold now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 Limited 3.6R. Replaced the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs. No clearance issues on either side to get the covers out. Used just a thin film of RTV on the heads before replacing the covers. So far, so good. Anyone ever notice the oil switching solenoid (the thing with the blue plug) leaking? It certainly seems to be coated in old oil. Anyone ever replace those?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spent some time today away from work (which is done at the company laptop in my home office), so that I could show my 2012 Outback Limited (2.5i) some overdue love.

Today I took her in for a slightly overdue oil change and also had them flush the power steering system and fill with new fluid. This was the third bit of pampering she's received this week. Yesterday she got a trip through the car wash. Monday, she had her winter shoes replaced with her all-season shoes. Oh, and after the service was done today, we stopped at a sporting goods store where I bought her a new annual state parks pass.

Of course, all of that was to make up for my cruel abandonment of her on Saturday afternoon. Because, people, I TRADED HER IN. On a used Toyota Sienna. I thought I was ready to say goodbye and move on. I really want a vehicle I can camp and sleep in, more comfortably than in the Outback, and the Sienna suits me just fine in many ways and especially for the camping thing.

Except, not that particular Sienna. I had buyer's remorse within an hour of driving off in it. (Some hinky issues with that vehicle, no need to get into the deets. I shoulda never done that deal at all.)

Fortunately the dealer has a policy of no-questions-asked returns of any car you buy within 2 days/200 miles. I was happy to pick up the Outback on Monday morning. And then, yes, we had the tire changeover, car wash, and service. I'm going to try a few short camping trips to state parks in the Outback with among other things an awning/tent-ish thing I just ordered, that attaches to the car with the back hatch open. I hope that will add some room to the setup so I'll feel less cramped and boxed in when sleeping in the back of the car. Ya know, I bought this car new, have maintained it diligently, and it's only got 79,850 miles on it. I have two sets of tires for it that are both in great shape. I've now learned that maybe I have a better situation going than I realized, and there may be ways for me to enjoy road trips using campgrounds vs hotel$, in the Outback. Instead of trading it in. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to be traveling far in the immediate future anyway so cooling my jets about the Sienna is probably a wise thing.

And, hi. I think this is my first post here. You seem nice. And, I like your cars.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I spent some time today away from work (which is done at the company laptop in my home office), so that I could show my 2012 Outback Limited (2.5i) some overdue love.

Today I took her in for a slightly overdue oil change and also had them flush the power steering system and fill with new fluid. This was the third bit of pampering she's received this week. Yesterday she got a trip through the car wash. Monday, she had her winter shoes replaced with her all-season shoes. Oh, and after the service was done today, we stopped at a sporting goods store where I bought her a new annual state parks pass.

Of course, all of that was to make up for my cruel abandonment of her on Saturday afternoon. Because, people, I TRADED HER IN. On a used Toyota Sienna. I thought I was ready to say goodbye and move on. I really want a vehicle I can camp and sleep in, more comfortably than in the Outback, and the Sienna suits me just fine in many ways and especially for the camping thing.

Except, not that particular Sienna. I had buyer's remorse within an hour of driving off in it. (Some hinky issues with that vehicle, no need to get into the deets. I shoulda never done that deal at all.)

Fortunately the dealer has a policy of no-questions-asked returns of any car you buy within 2 days/200 miles. I was happy to pick up the Outback on Monday morning. And then, yes, we had the tire changeover, car wash, and service. I'm going to try a few short camping trips to state parks in the Outback with among other things an awning/tent-ish thing I just ordered, that attaches to the car with the back hatch open. I hope that will add some room to the setup so I'll feel less cramped and boxed in when sleeping in the back of the car. Ya know, I bought this car new, have maintained it diligently, and it's only got 79,850 miles on it. I have two sets of tires for it that are both in great shape. I've now learned that maybe I have a better situation going than I realized, and there may be ways for me to enjoy road trips using campgrounds vs hotel$, in the Outback. Instead of trading it in. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to be traveling far in the immediate future anyway so cooling my jets about the Sienna is probably a wise thing.

And, hi. I think this is my first post here. You seem nice. And, I like your cars.
That was a roller coaster of a story. Thanks for sharing, and glad you kept the Outback.

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Limited
13 Posts
Picked up four new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails to replace to worn on Continentals. Also added 1" wheel spacers for a slightly more aggressive look and filled-out wheel wells.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up four new Falken Wildpeak A/T Trails to replace to worn on Continentals. Also added 1" wheel spacers for a slightly more aggressive look and filled-out wheel wells.

View attachment 485819
looks great! i was thinking about this exact setup!
how did the driving characteristics change, with the new tires + wider stance?

more pics from the side too, please!

5121 - 5140 of 5159 Posts