Subaru Outback Forums banner

5161 - 5177 of 5177 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Changed the radio of the car, from the original 4.3 inch screen one into this one, it's a seicane with android 8.1. As you can see in the pictures there is some issues with the fitment into the dashboard, yet I think is worth, as it has a lot of extra functionality, and proper BT audio (the original radio has an awful audio quality over bluetooth).
There was two issues during the installation though. The first one is that the antenna conector included on the kit is not the right one for this car (A Toyota adapter is required for this generation) and the backup camera was not wired correctly, so I had to swap that cable (pin 12 to 14 in the 28 pin radio harness)
View attachment 473673 View attachment 473674
View attachment 473675 View attachment 473676

After 8 months, the radio screen stopped working, so, today I'm back to the stock radio, at least for now.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5
29 Posts
I've just ordered kayaks, and was going to use J racks on the stock crossbars. What were the issues you encountered?
I Guess it depends on the size & weight of your boat(s).
I have a ~70lb sit on top kayak and the factory bars are just way too flexible.
I usually have yakima bars on it, but had moved them to my wife's van temporarily. Thought the factory bars would do fine. It was scary.

·
Registered
2014 2.5 Limited
16 Posts
I Guess it depends on the size & weight of your boat(s).
I have a ~70lb sit on top kayak and the factory bars are just way too flexible.
I usually have yakima bars on it, but had moved them to my wife's van temporarily. Thought the factory bars would do fine. It was scary.
Good to know... Those seem to be the same type of kayaks I ordered. Eleven foot SoT kayaks. There would be two, so I can imagine if one gave you trouble, two would be even worse.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback 3.6R
8 Posts
Warranty on the screen? Or do you have a different aftermarket radio in mind?
I don't expect much from aliexpress in that matter really.
I have a hunch that the radio (actually, the screen, as the radio continues to work without image) doesn't work when the car is cold, as I tested it today on my desk and it's working, may do some extra testing on this before anything.

IMG_20200707_170005031.jpg
On the other hand there is a sale here for a Sony XAV-AX200, so if I can't get the Seicane to work again in the car, I'm probably going for that one.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I put a new set of wheels on my 3.6R off a 2016 Forester and they really look cool. They are charcoal with machined surfaces. Also added "Power Stop" drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads which also look cool behind the new wheels. Next is a double red pin stripe either around the belt lines around the hatch or just below the fender/door crease. I did this on a older classic car I had and it looked really classy. Now all I need is to find a sure cure (other than replacing the transmission) for the clutch shudder in the 5eat transmission. Total dealer flush kit didn't do the trick. Dealer thinks it's in the valve body and wants to further diagnose it. I love the car. The six cylinder boxer is torquey and just pulls out to never never land. Sweet.
Subinut39

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
492 Posts
Got back from a week in Michigan, it was good to go somewhere and a nice time was had by all. Stores were a little too crowded for comfort so we stuck mostly outdoors and take out food but plenty to keep us busy for sure
IMG_0373.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0398.jpg
IMG_0402.jpg
IMG_0403.jpg

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
replaced 3 driver side fuel injectors on 2010 outback 3.6r with 148k on it

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i premium
1 Posts
Put 225/65/17 Toyo Open Country A/T 3’s on, replaced DRLs with LED, Replaced right tail light bulb. Today is install a class iii receiver.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
843 Posts
My 2013 3.6R needs a bath but with today's heat index of 105 to 107 degrees, that chore must wait for cooler weather.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
65 Posts
Every 5,000 mile oil & oil filter change, 12 month air filter and cabin filter change.

Moved Scan Gauge to the open cubby under the HVAC controls. Stuck the included velcro strips on both sides and wedged it in. Made a hole in the cubby to pass the cable through, had to unsnap the console side cover halfway for access. Big drill bit, bigger anxiety. Looks a lot less dorky.

Edit - add picture to words.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,257 Posts
forgot to zip tie the HID to headlight connectors so I had to unclip the top part of the bumper and remove the headlights and zip tie the connector as one came loose. I left the bottom pins in the bumper and had enough room to do the job effectively.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5L
54 Posts
I've just ordered kayaks, and was going to use J racks on the stock crossbars. What were the issues you encountered?

Just thought I'd add this photo for you with J Bars used on my Outback without issues. Yes the crossbars are a teeny bit flexy but tying the kayak front and rear helps. Nothing to be worried about.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

ordered this up so i can troubleshoot intermittent #4 misfire...

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,569 Posts
5161 - 5177 of 5177 Posts