Subaru Outback Forums banner
5541 - 5560 of 5713 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
146 Posts
Zahn has a nice very clean and then blackened rust preventive underbelly and wheel wells, etc., thanks to Ziebert treatment.

And then had great professional car detailing, washing, and put ceramic wax upon the rest of her flesh.

So, her outer body and interior are looking mighty fine, and protected from elements too.

Now, just need get hitch & rack installed, to water & trails we go!

(and some new wheels too at some point)

Reactions: Duncan Heinz

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
645 Posts
Went and bought a kayak for the oldest and it got great inside with 2 car seats. Also parked by this well used Gen 2 at the store. Love seeing the old ones still in the road
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
2011 Subie 3.6R Limited 2013 Cmax e=nergi PHEV
826 Posts
Got a rock chip on the 15 in UT (speed limit 80) and a few minutes later hit a flying road alligator (semi-tred) on 8/9. Road gator ripped out the Front Right wheel wheel liner and the silver fog light trim.
I did salvage the hanging fog light. Unclipped it and brought it in the car. The four in car got an elevated cortisol and adrenaline cocktail after that one.

Monday got the chip glued by a dude of craiglist.

I ordered an aftermarket wheel well liner and fog light trim piece from Amazon. They just arrived. Gonna have fun with some push pin clips this weekend and have to JB or rivet back the front bumper which also suffered the bite of the road gator.

11 years and 130k miles.

Think I am going to have to replace my LR wheel bearing I replaced (oem bearing) in February. Started sounding squeeky. Hope to warranty it.

Pretty solid car for the hard roads and hard miles she has gone carrying a lot of weight.

Hope the reliability is still good on these things when mine goes down. Best case would be to get another decade out of her, but that will be a big ask, luck, and diligent maintenance if the next 10 are like the last 11.

Reactions: Zahn and Barovelli

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
93 Posts
Got a rock chip on the 15 in UT (speed limit 80) and a few minutes later hit a flying road alligator (semi-tred) on 8/9. Road gator ripped out the Front Right wheel wheel liner and the silver fog light trim.
I did salvage the hanging fog light. Unclipped it and brought it in the car. The four in car got an elevated cortisol and adrenaline cocktail after that one.

Monday got the chip glued by a dude of craiglist.

I ordered an aftermarket wheel well liner and fog light trim piece from Amazon. They just arrived. Gonna have fun with some push pin clips this weekend and have to JB or rivet back the front bumper which also suffered the bite of the road gator.
Double check the puddle lights on the right side if equipped. I had a contractor truck lose a tote box of coveralls and expanding spray foam in front of me. Made a huge mess of the undercarriage and tore out the wheel liner, plus the connector and wiring for the puddle lights were ripped out.

I get about one rock chip a year. I should try the resin repair but put it off. Jus' gonna get another one after it's fixed.

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
1,195 Posts
^^ Rodent damage. Very common, but better they chewed up your insulation rather than your wiring harnesses.

Reactions: aggreX

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
1,195 Posts
Squirrels can work their way up into the engine bay as well. Using a mousetrap on a big squirrel may do nothing except piss him off.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Preventing an electrical wire issue under the hood with the next rodent encounter will be a priority. Sticky traps are not favored by some people but they have helped in past when all else failed.

5541 - 5560 of 5713 Posts