Subaru Outback Forums banner
5621 - 5640 of 5713 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
645 Posts
Hauled the in-laws new Toyota Highlander tire to get a patch in it this morning. Only 1500 miles and already got a nail through the tire. Luckily it was dead center and easily patchable.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
1,195 Posts
Gotta love those center-tread punctures. I always thank my lucky stars when that happens instead of a sidewall puncture.

Reactions: Wiscoutback87

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5 CVT
4 Posts
Last night I got the P0700 and P2764 codes. Went to the dealer this morning to purchase a new valve body, pressure pipe o-rings, and strainer. Only took about an hour in total to replace. Getting the vehicle level on my not so level driveway was honestly the hardest part. I'll fill with fluid tomorrow, I wanted to give the gasket time to set up overnight. Hopefully I'll be back on the road after that.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Limited
2,110 Posts
Changed F & R diff fluid as part of the 150k maintenance. The stuff that came out looked almost new. Not sure when the PO had it changed but it has at least 60k on it and looked fine. I'll probably not change it again until 200k or more if I keep this car that long.
White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Gas

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
1,091 Posts
First time replacing low beam lamps at almost 10 years and 67k. Went in by peeling back the wheel well liners with wheels on the ground. 25 minutes on the first bulb, 15 minutes on the next. Definitely not as horrible as I’d expected it to be.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,387 Posts
Went on a nice drive on some twisty roads then had some photos taken of me with my Outback for a special project.
Where are the photos? Hope you share them here!

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
61 Posts

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
146 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Reactions: Zahn

·
Registered
645 Posts
Took the family to the Huron manistee national forest to hike the birdhouse dune trails. It was a beautiful day and an awesome hike. Strange thing though my airbag light came on for the drive up but after I started the car after the hike it stayed off the rest of the day. It must be a slightly bad connection I’m thinking.
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Branch
Plant Plant community Natural landscape Tree Wood
Water Sky Ecoregion Beach Wood

Water Sky Water resources Azure Beach

·
Registered
2012 OB Limited 3.6Rrrrr
146 Posts
The product listed in that link are the same because several companies began carrying Rally innovations bars on their websites in recent times.

Back when I got mine, I had a choice between black, silver, or gunmetal. Nowadays, it looks like black is the only option.
Thanks... as to lights, appears you acquired the SS3's? Curious if may inquire, why them vs. others, such as yellow, or other brand?

\3 inch LED Pods - SS3 LED Pods

·
Registered
'14 Subi OBW, '18 Subi Forester
2,004 Posts
What did I do with my Gen-4 yesterday?

Went for a nice drive in the afternoon and shared some nice parting thoughts with my old girl. I then drove to the car dealer I was selling her to, signed the papers, gave her a pat on the roof and said a final goodbye......

• Wow
Reactions: Zahn and SilverOnyx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks... as to lights, appears you acquired the SS3's? Curious if may inquire, why them vs. others, such as yellow, or other brand?

\3 inch LED Pods - SS3 LED Pods
I did a fair amount of research on light pods that I can put on my bar. I ultimately went with SS3 Pros which are SAE/DOT compliment, which means that they could potentially be on when on pavement if I really need them on. 2 of them are flood and 2 are drive. In terms of color, the yellow ones were unavailable at the time but I can switch out the covers to yellow if I wanted to.

I do not drive with on very often while on pavement due to how bright they really are. But if I feel I need them, I will turn a set on. This image shows them on when I was driving home from some star gazing on Mt. Hood since I was watching out for wildlife.

Atmosphere Automotive lighting Cloud Sky Road surface

·
Registered
645 Posts
After a nice week and a half in michiga we did one last paddle then washed the fleet and put them all in the shed for winter. Packed up the car which had way more stuff coming home and headed back. Got some pretty bad gas mileage on the way home probably due to all the weight only got 23.4 mpg on the way home but it was loaded every inch and the roof box. Ran over a pallet that fell off a truck ahead of us on the highway so far tires seem ok luckily but I’ll have to keep an eye on them.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive side marker light
Water Light Sky Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies
Water Boat Sky Cloud Daytime

5621 - 5640 of 5713 Posts