Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 5138 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outbook Limited 3.6 Silver Steel, XM
199 Posts
Test fit a stainless exhaust tip--its gonna look good so I ordered a second one.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited
951 Posts
No. You bought it a spoiled, tempermental sister....Oh you're real nice.:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Scotchgard?

Why do you need Scotchgard? When I first test drove the OB, the salesman told me that the seats were easy to clean and didn't hold smells.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Re: Scotchgard?

damnilocano said:
Why do you need Scotchgard? When I first test drove the OB, the salesman told me that the seats were easy to clean and didn't hold smells.
I would take anything a salesman says with a truckload of salt.

·
Registered
2010 Outbook Limited 3.6 Silver Steel, XM
199 Posts
ardvark11 said:

It would be great to have a photo when you get both of them installed.
This is what I bought..
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-4-ROUND-SLANTED-STAINLESS-STEEL-EXHAUST-MUFFLER-TIP_W0QQitemZ330402638299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ced8829db

I had to remove the inner wall--I just shoved it all the way on and tightened the bolts--length is perfect. Everything is stainlesssteel--including the fasteners. I will post pics when the second one arrives and I install them.

·
Registered
Former: 2010 & 2002 OB
360 Posts
CheesyRider said:
I removed this warning sticker that proves the car is Japanese:

I discovered that the visors are too thick to clip my garage remote on, so I used Velcro to attach it next to the parking brake:
I clipped my garage remote to the inside of the passenger visor extender. Perfect location for me to reach, no shake or rattle on rough road. Wife/ppassenger are just SOL if sun comes in at funny angle! :rolleyes:

I also remove parking brake decal, roof rack decal and dealer label in back.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,289 Posts
Re: Re: What did you do to your 2010 Outback today?

finally have time to drive it since taking delivery went to kid swimming class, grocery store and a friend party nearby....
programmed the hgomelink garage door opener...

·
Registered
2013 2.5 CVT
155 Posts
JarekMW said:
Winter is coming...predictions are that it will be difficult to get winter tires later on (at least here, in Ontario). Today I went to the tire shop (recommended on the Toronto Subaru Club forum) and had Hankook W409 installed on 16" black steel rims. Looks so macho...Anyway, to my suprize they seem quiet in comparison with OEM ContiPro. I was told in a shop that it's not my imagination - a significant number of theirs customers do not like ContiPro. What a shame that they come with such a nice car!
Greetings... We have similar vehicles -- I bought my PZEV in Ottawa. My impression, from the 2010 OB brochure (I didn't go outside to look) is that our vehicles have 17" tires, although you say you had the Hankooks installed on 16" rims. Correct or a typo? If correct then are there any issues (pros & cons) with using the smaller rims?

My OB dealer, and seemingly confirmed by a local tire place, said that 2010 OB aftermarket rims weren't available in early December (something about the design/specs). The dealer suggested I wait until next year to get the rims. So far this winter for Toronto and Ottawa has been pretty good for regular tires. :)

Finally (and if I recall correctly), Consumer Reports thinks the ContiPro tires are better than most OEM tires (compared with, for example, Goodyear Integrity used by Honda).

Cheers, Stephen

·
Registered
2010 Outback; 2011 WRX
36 Posts
I installed the rear cargo net but so far it has only gotten in the way. The installation was a breeze but the directions were useless.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I installed the metal pedal covers a few weeks ago, but forgot to post about it. Today I finally put on the arch moldings that I purchase a couple of months ago. I can't believe the dealer would have charged $175 to install them.

I should clean my floor mats tomorrow.

·
Registered
2011 3.6 Limited in Graphite Grey
183 Posts
Anyone want to post pics of the "clear bra" or perhaps explain what this is?

Also - how difficult is the Sirius install? I just ordered my '10 but couldn't bear to fork over $400 for the Sirius option, so I was planning on just dealing with the radio on the dash as I have been for the past 6 years!

Brian

·
Registered
2016 3.6R Limited
61 Posts
Brian,
The clear bra is a clear film that covers the leading edges of the car (hood, bumper, headlights, a-pillars, etc.) and protects from rock chips and such. I had mine professionally installed locally by Atlanta Protective Films. they have done all of my cars and are second to NONE.

Here is a shot of mine going on.

And done...

Hopefully the images will link correctly.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 Limited Silver
7 Posts
Eckhart's Hitch Installed

Had Eckhart install a hitch for towing my motorcycles and hauling bicycles. Overkill specs at 350# tongue weight, 3500# tow capacity. It's a 2" receiver, lights powered from the battery, installed in a couple of hours. Very professional shop, expert work, rendered respectfully. I'm happy to recommend them to SoCal owners who aren't inclined to DIY on the project.

·
Registered
2015 OB 2.5i Ltd replaced 2010 OB; 20 mm WRX rear sway bar & Michelin LXT Premier tires; replaced 2010 2.5 OB Ltd. City car is 2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Prem
413 Posts
That is a slick looking install, enjoy! :15:

·
Registered
2006 XT Ltd. AT
29 Posts
RR+, How much did the Eckhart package end up costing you? Been thinking about going to them for my 2006 XT.

41 - 60 of 5138 Posts