Subaru Outback Forums banner

What did you do with your 4th Gen Outback today?

1616812 6280
I Rain-Xed the windshield (Actually, I got carried away and put Rain-X on all the windows)

I put ScotchGuard on all the seats and carpet.

I removed this warning sticker that proves the car is Japanese:

I discovered that the visors are too thick to clip my garage remote on, so I used Velcro to attach it next to the parking brake:

This afternoon, I'm going to stop by the window tint place to see if they can tint the driver and front passenger windows to match the rest of the windows.

If I have time, I'm going to remove the fog lights and paint the silver black.
6221 - 6240 of 6281 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
It connects to the flange that is closest to the rear of the exhaust and closest to the muffler. Here's a picture of the underside of a 2010 2.5 Outback (that's what the picture said anyways) to show you where that flange is:
View attachment 552308
Note that this is an LP exhaust.

If that flange or anything that comes before it is broken, an axle back will not solve your issue.
Thanks. I will have to fix that connection first but I like what you got.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
11 Posts
Am I able to put led bulbs in my fog light housing and will they perform as well as the stock (probably original 11 year old bulbs). Im looking to do LEDs so I have a bit better low ground sight infront of my car and I plan on driving the car a ton in dreary, dark and snowy conditions

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Premium
90 Posts
Am I able to put led bulbs in my fog light housing and will they perform as well as the stock (probably original 11 year old bulbs). Im looking to do LEDs so I have a bit better low ground sight infront of my car and I plan on driving the car a ton in dreary, dark and snowy conditions
I've been running LED bulbs in my fog lights and haven't had any issues, so I'm going to say yes. I will say that if you get them, make sure you get the angle right when installing them, otherwise the beam pattern might not be as good as you want and or may even blind other drivers.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
134 Posts
Hopefully, this soundclip works but it is my Legacy XT with the Nameless axleback with 5" mufflers and resonators. One would hear on how quiet it can be.

Anyhow, today, I simply drove to work in the snow in the Outback. Unfortunately, the snow didn't stick.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been running LED bulbs in my fog lights and haven't had any issues, so I'm going to say yes. I will say that if you get them, make sure you get the angle right when installing them, otherwise the beam pattern might not be as good as you want and or may even blind other drivers.
what brand of bulbs do you have in, id like to explore some options

·
Registered
90 Posts
what brand of bulbs do you have in, id like to explore some options
The brand that I have used is Alla Lighting, which you can find on Amazon. My LEDs swap between amber and white, but I honestly find that feature to be more annoying than useful, so I'd avoid the dual color ones. I bought some amber LEDs for one of my other Outbacks (2008), which I'll link below. Obviously, the LED itself might be different than what would fit in a 2011, but both LEDs have lasted a year so far without any issues, so I've been happy with the brand.

Alla switching LEDs (2014 Outback):
Amazon.com: ALLA Lighting H8 H9 H11 LED Switchback Fog Lights, High, Low Beam Conversion Kits, DRL, Dual Color 6000K White/3200K Yellow 12V H16 H8LL H11LL H965W, Extremely Super Bright 8000 Lumens : Automotive

Alla amber LEDs (2008 Outback):
Amazon.com: Alla Lighting 5200lm AL-R HB4 9006 LED Bulbs, Xtreme Super Bright 3000K Amber Yellow Fog Lights Replacement Upgrade : Automotive

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hopefully, this soundclip works but it is my Legacy XT with the Nameless axleback with 5" mufflers and resonators. One would hear on how quiet it can be.
That's definitely pretty quiet, but it still sounds good too. Mine is a bit louder than that, but I've already gotten used to it after a day, so I guess I'll be okay. :D

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
134 Posts
That's definitely pretty quiet, but it still sounds good too. Mine is a bit louder than that, but I've already gotten used to it after a day, so I guess I'll be okay. :D
I told you that it is pretty quiet with the resonators on. When I first had the exhaust on, it was pretty loud in the cabin. In terms of yours, it is good to hear that you have gotten used to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Font Paper Electric blue Document Handwriting
I believe I have found the recalibration method for the center screen which has the gas mileage in my glovebox, apparently the dealership left this in my car hahaha… I am the third owner so I don’t know how it stayed with the car for 11 years

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Outback 2.5 Limited
10 Posts
Replaced the rear brakes and cleaned some corrosion from the battery.

I also replaced 5 - W5W bulbs (2 side marker, 2 front position, and 1 license plate). That brings my overall bulb replacement count to 20 over the 11 years we’ve had this car.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I also replaced 5 - W5W bulbs (2 side marker, 2 front position, and 1 license plate). That brings my overall bulb replacement count to 20 over the 11 years we’ve had this car.
Something about the '11 OB that luvs to burn out bulbs. I've become quite skilled in low beam bulb and marker bulb replacement due to yearly practice. I switched to LED low beam bulbs and hope to stop the this yearly cycle of burnt out bulbs.

6221 - 6240 of 6281 Posts