Subaru Outback Forums banner

What did you do with your 4th Gen Outback today?

1616831 6280
I Rain-Xed the windshield (Actually, I got carried away and put Rain-X on all the windows)

I put ScotchGuard on all the seats and carpet.

I removed this warning sticker that proves the car is Japanese:

I discovered that the visors are too thick to clip my garage remote on, so I used Velcro to attach it next to the parking brake:

This afternoon, I'm going to stop by the window tint place to see if they can tint the driver and front passenger windows to match the rest of the windows.

If I have time, I'm going to remove the fog lights and paint the silver black.
6261 - 6280 of 6281 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB Premium, 4-banger, 6-stick
127 Posts
Probably going to get a nasty letter from the HOA…. ;) The landscaping is providing some coverage as the parts rust back down into the earth 😂 View attachment 553882
I applied to be a "nasty letter" writer at my HOA, but I backed out when they said I had to cut my heart out to qualify.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Premium
29 Posts
Don't have any photos, but I just spent six weeks out of work so needed some projects to keep me going. Finally replaced my mode door actuator since mine was clicking and failing out, and also installed the remote start from 12voltsolutions. I had been eyeing that unit since I bought my 2010 in April of 2021 and I could not be happier. The install is so easy and quick, and even though you need to send the module back to the company for stage 2 programming it came back quickly and now I have a remote start that works with the OEM key fob and no extra dongle. Check them out!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Premium, CVT.
121 Posts
Won't work with a stick shift.
True that. My previous car had remote start. It would only work when several things were met - doors all locked, e-brake on, shift in park and maybe more. Then, it could not be shifted to drive without the key in and turned to RUN. And the HVAC ran full blast in defrost.

Can a Subaru with standard shift even crank without a foot on the clutch?

·
Registered
2013 OB Premium, 4-banger, 6-stick
127 Posts
True that. My previous car had remote start. It would only work when several things were met - doors all locked, e-brake on, shift in park and maybe more. Then, it could not be shifted to drive without the key in and turned to RUN. And the HVAC ran full blast in defrost.

Can a Subaru with standard shift even crank without a foot on the clutch?
The clutch has to be depressed. It doesn't matter whether it's in gear, whether the hand or foot brake is on or whether the driver's door is open.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Premium
1 Posts
I upgraded the headunit in my 2011! Installed a Kenwood DMX907S! What a difference it makes! Love the wireless Apple CarPlay and the sound amazing with stick speakers!
View attachment 550485
View attachment 550486
Looks Awesome!! I just installed the DMX706s in my 2014 OB... Sounds great and the interface is super functional. However, I get considerable glare from the passenger seat. Almost like the screen is a mirror. Have you noticed this at all when the sun comes in from certain angles?

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium
12 Posts
Looks Awesome!! I just installed the DMX706s in my 2014 OB... Sounds great and the interface is super functional. However, I get considerable glare from the passenger seat. Almost like the screen is a mirror. Have you noticed this at all when the sun comes in from certain angles?
Thankfully I have not. The resolution is great and no glare. I guess it depends on the angle of the sun

·
Registered
3 Posts
About to go on a 20+ hr trip and had a few months to put my 2013 Outback together to get ready for snow.
I added a roof rack, Plasti dipped rims and grill, window deflectors, installed mudflaps, and got the windows tinted along with tinting my fog lights. Had a leak in the back where rain was leaking through the rear top brake light but fixed that up with some silicone adhesive. She’s looking fine and I am ready to show her snow!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Attachments

6261 - 6280 of 6281 Posts