Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5456 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I washed it inside and out....looks new again :D
I also discovered a small 2 inch scratch so I made a touch up. I still need to work on it a little but it'll look ok once I'm done with it....
Is 15 Outback Subaru Touch up Paint available already?

I washed, waxed and cleared up some scratches on mine.

·
Registered
2015 outback 3.6 wilderness green
62 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
29 Posts
Is 15 Outback Subaru Touch up Paint available already?

I washed, waxed and cleared up some scratches on mine.
What did you use for wax? I just waxed my wife's car but am not real happy with the stuff I used. I was going to hit my new outback before fall.

·
Registered
93 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I washed it inside and out....looks new again :D
I also discovered a small 2 inch scratch so I made a touch up. I still need to work on it a little but it'll look ok once I'm done with it....
How does the area look after touch up is applied. Would scratch remover be the alternative?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How does the area look after touch up is applied. Would scratch remover be the alternative?
In my case, one of the scratch was a little too deep for scratch remover i had to fill it in a tad. It looks ok and you probably couldn't find it if i didn't tell you where to look, but i can still see it. I'll work on it a little more but the key to hide a touch up is to cover it with some clear once you are satisfied with the paint touch up. I aply it over my touch up with a very fine brush.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 2.5 Touring Black
272 Posts
I used the Meguiar Ultimate Quik Wax. It has excellent reviews on Amazon. Plus, the wax process is way shorter than regular liquid or paste wax. Worth to give it a try!:29:

Amazon.com: Meguiar's G17516 Ultimate Quik Wax - 15.2 oz.: Automotive
I have no association with Meguiar's, but I also use and recommend their products because their Ultimate Quick Wax and Ultimate Liquid Wax are very easy to apply and remove, especially the Quick Wax. After a wash, it can be applied in 15 minutes and leaves a great shine. The best part is neither product leaves a residue on the black plastic trim. In fact, I use the Quick Wax on the black trim because it prevents fading from UV rays and it doesn't leave a high sheen. These products can be purchased at any WalMart, Target and most major retailers with Auto Supplies.

Mike

·
Registered
Crystal White 3.6R Limited with EyeSight, Popular package #5
140 Posts
Question for Johnny-D: Forgive my ignorance, but is that an aftermarket hitch? If so, is it better to go aftermarket than the factory hitch?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Premium
29 Posts
Question for Johnny-D: Forgive my ignorance, but is that an aftermarket hitch? If so, is it better to go aftermarket than the factory hitch?
The factory hitch was over four hundred dollars. I planned on installing it myself but if you have one installed it is over $700.00 and it is a 1-1/4 hitch. Everything I own is setup for a two inch hitch. I have a modular bike rack that expands to four bikes and I didn't want to use an adapter, it is much stiffer mounted in a two inch hitch. I also tow a utility trailer and my attachments are two inch. The factory hitch looks better and will tow the same amount. I should have waited, other companies are coming out with nicer looking hitches that look more like a factory hitch. Torque lift I think also makes a good looking hitch or is coming out with one that is still half the price of a factory hitch.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Premium
185 Posts
The factory hitch was over four hundred dollars. I planned on installing it myself but if you have one installed it is over $700.00 and it is a 1-1/4 hitch.
Wow, your dealer is charging way more than mine. Subaru hitch with installation is $520. Price actually has been reduced . . . not that I'm going that route.

1 - 20 of 5456 Posts