Subaru Outback Forums banner

5161 - 5180 of 5248 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've also moved the front passenger seat base all the way forward ( clearance so the headrest doesn't hit) then reclined the seat back all the way down which makes for more useable flatter area. I carry items 8' long this way with center seats down of course. :sneaky:
Nice tires too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fair enough. Those seats are likely to see worse smeared on them than a few new tyres in that case
There is also a dog hammock/seat cover covering the seats, under the base. Tires didn’t touch the seat fabric.

·
Registered
106 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I’ve only driven it about 20 miles, no wobble for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got mine after the alignment, And now it seems to have went away after new tires. Ha ha. Idk wtf is going on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got mine after the alignment, And now it seems to have went away after new tires. Ha ha. Idk wtf is going on.
I am glad your wobble went away! While installing it didn’t seem likely that this particular kit would affect any of the stuff that is generally blamed for the wobble.

I did put BFG KO2s on my Land Cruiser and it got a bad wobble between 45-50 for a while. The tires had some sort of harmonic balance point that would start the wobble. I think that’s what’s happening to cause the “ReadyLift” wobble reports.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wrapped up my ReadyLift install! Wheels arrive tomorrow, then it’s time to wrap the rubber on and go adventuring! View attachment 470721
Looks nice -- but is the back wheel not centered? From the pic looks awfully close to the edge. Is it just the pic or something that need to be adjusted / compensated for? If you ever upgraded to larger tires like the popular KO2's I wonder if that would be an issue.

(I'm curious because I'm strongly considering the Readylift kit as well...)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Looks nice -- but is the back wheel not centered? From the pic looks awfully close to the edge. Is it just the pic or something that need to be adjusted / compensated for? If you ever upgraded to larger tires like the popular KO2's I wonder if that would be an issue.

(I'm curious because I'm strongly considering the Readylift kit as well...)
That’s how it is. Look at any outback. Tire is not centered from factory. Lift might make it look worse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fred Flintstone braked on the highway at 75 mph. Some idiot almost put me into a wall in NASCAR like traffic because they did not check their mirrors before changing lanes. Impressed with the OB’s brakes, less so with its horn. Anyone do a horn upgrade recently?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks nice -- but is the back wheel not centered? From the pic looks awfully close to the edge. Is it just the pic or something that need to be adjusted / compensated for?
Thanks! Looks like your question has already been answered. The angle of the photo also makes it look worse than it is. I have some new wheels coming in Monday, then I will wrap them in the KO2s, I’m pretty sure they will fit!

Fred Flintstone braked on the highway at 75 mph. Some idiot almost put me into a wall in NASCAR like traffic because they did not check their mirrors before changing lanes. Impressed with the OB’s brakes, less so with its horn. Anyone do a horn upgrade recently?
Glad you’re ok! I have seen some people have upgraded to the Hella Supertone. I’m thinking about doing the same thing.

5161 - 5180 of 5248 Posts
About this Discussion
5.2K Replies
1.1K Participants
JHOutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing