Subaru Outback Forums banner

5381 - 5400 of 5444 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight
215 Posts
Replaced one tire. Luckly it was within 2/32 of wear. Mostly highway miles and new last year. Looking at options and if I did need all 4 would have gotten the Firestone WeatherGrip due to price and rebate. Second choice was Michelin cross climate suv.

·
Registered
2016 2.5 Outback Premium
120 Posts
Got my recovery tracks today. Want to mount them on the side of my roof basket but don’t want to pay $100+ for mounting hardware.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited
3 Posts
Updated the software. First time it's been done in almost two years of ownership. I had the "automatically check / download for updates" boxes checked and concluded that those things would automatically happen. On a lark, I connected my car to wifi and found that there were four updates waiting to be downloaded and installed. Who knew? I thought being connected via Carplay would be enough to trigger those actions. Apparently not. What I did today was with my phone disconnected from Carplay.

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
566 Posts
Installed Yakima OffGrid basket and Baja Designs S2 Sport ditch lights.

OB.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
68 Posts

Installed the Legacy Sport grille and threw the rhino rack and spare on the roof. The only chrome are the Pleiades stars now. Then went for a drive wishing it had snowed more...

·
Registered
2019 Outback Limited 2.5i
68 Posts
Duplicate. I like the grill though.
All it needs is an eighth of an inch(or less) dremeled off the outside edge of each of the snap in tabs, the eight screw holes all are correctly positioned. I should have weighed the sport grille, it must be half the weight of the chromed up one which weighs 3 pounds. It looked good on Grandma's 56 chevy, get it the heck off our 2019.

Attachments

·
Registered
Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (2015). Twilight Blue Metallic (I think). No Eyesight. No Remote Ignition.
44 Posts
Took it to an auto body shop because it either got:
1) Keyed; or
2) Scraped by an errant kid's bike/trike.

One scratch went deep into the metal. I expected they'd just use a Twilight Blue marker on it - over, perhaps, a hairline layer of filler, but noooooo ...

Nope. So, no OB for 3 - 4 days.

The insurance my lender forced upon me (and for which I am now extremely grateful) will cover 90% of it. Not my fault. No rate hike, no Carfax downgrade. Got my choice of a free car rental or a free Lyft voucher. I chose the voucher.

All is good-ish ... except for the withdrawal pangs. (Cue the World's Smallest Violin ...)

·
Registered
19 2.5i OB LTD w/SSD Strt Twr Brc + OEM 19mm RSB
1,228 Posts
Ok, no problem. Just wondering why you asked all those questions then if you knew the answers.

Have a good week. Let us know what you end up doing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, I was walking through the problem and asking rhetorical questions I guess. My son totaled his vehicle, so there's no discretionary purchases for me for a while. Thanks for all the info. Maybe sometime next year I can do it.

5381 - 5400 of 5444 Posts