Subaru Outback Forums banner

5921 - 5940 of 5972 Posts

·
Registered
19 2.5i OB LTD w/SSD Strt Twr Brc + OEM 19mm RSB
1,350 Posts
Anyo,
How's your tire pressure in the driver's side rear? Looks a click low to me. I imagine on dirt roads, running a little under spec would be better, but not sure. I like the carrier. What do you typically put in it, and how do you access the contents?
S.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Installed a nice 2" Curt hitch today (made in USA and reasonably priced). Ready for a bike rack. Also installed the wiring harness.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
nice! I was watching the etrailer prices on that one, they have gone from $129 all the way up to $200, and have come back down to $180 (fluctuates even within the same day). Interesting how their pricing works. Thought about swapping out my OEM hitch for that one, but still haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
318 Posts
Yep I grabbed it from Amazon for$144 & free shipping.
The wire harness I think was$26, plug and play.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 (Gen 5)
48 Posts
Anyo,
How's your tire pressure in the driver's side rear? Looks a click low to me. I imagine on dirt roads, running a little under spec would be better, but not sure. I like the carrier. What do you typically put in it, and how do you access the contents?
S.
All tires were at 36 psi for the whole trip.

The carrier is awesome! It's the Thule Force XT. I put a full size spare tire in it for the trip on dirt roads. Also had backpacks, hiking poles, change of clothes, hiking boots, fishing poles,etc. I have a toddler that sits in the middle of the back seat and a dog that I let ride in the trunk so it's super nice to get the cabin clear of all the other stuff. Same goes for road trips where we put our luggage up top along with our fold up toddler bed. I access it from either side and it just lifts up. Bought it used from a guy who couldn't get into his garage with it on his car.

On a side note, deep cleaned my car and put on Armor Shield IX ceramic coating today, on both my Outback and wife's Forester.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
nice! I was watching the etrailer prices on that one, they have gone from $129 all the way up to $200, and have come back down to $180 (fluctuates even within the same day). Interesting how their pricing works. Thought about swapping out my OEM hitch for that one, but still haven't decided yet.
I got mine when it was $129 at etrailer and it was an easy choice at that price. It's nice to be rid of that 1.25" receiver, though that did what I needed it to do when I first got it.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
101 Posts
Well she is anything like my wife there is no way she will ever notice any difference. But she will tell you she has noticed an improvement just to make you happy, lol.
I did ask her to test it out and be honest about it. Well after couple weeks she admitted she can’t tell the difference :)

Please give us an update on this front, both good and bad. I am considering doing this as well. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I managed to drive that car some more. I do think it has less body roll at certain turns and certain speeds. Given that it is $90 I would say 19mm bar is money well spent in this case. I also managed to drive my friend’s 2019 With 16mm bar and his is leaning more in the turns. I would not call it a significant where 19mm turns it into a road hugging go-cart but does give it a nicer feel where I don’t feel like I am about to slide out of the seat.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R Touring
360 Posts
I did ask her to test it out and be honest about it. Well after couple weeks she admitted she can’t tell the difference :)

I managed to drive that car some more. I do think it has less body roll at certain turns and certain speeds. Given that it is $90 I would say 19mm bar is money well spent in this case. I also managed to drive my friend’s 2019 With 16mm bar and his is leaning more in the turns. I would not call it a significant where 19mm turns it into a road hugging go-cart but does give it a nicer feel where I don’t feel like I am about to slide out of the seat.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

5921 - 5940 of 5972 Posts