Subaru Outback Forums banner

5941 - 5960 of 5972 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring CVT
15 Posts
I got mine when it was $129 at etrailer and it was an easy choice at that price. It's nice to be rid of that 1.25" receiver, though that did what I needed it to do when I first got it.
Curious how your hitch swap went. I want to install a 2" as mine came with the 1.25". Any issues with the swap? I read somewhere on this forum that the dealer 1.25" install deletes some of the stock impact pieces? Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Was it easy to remove the front grille?
Did you do it by yourself?
I've remove my bumper on my '11 Legacy when I first got that car.... That one was easier, but this one is by no means hard. There are some good youtube vid's on how to do it, it is basically pop-its (top and bottom) and clips on both sides. The grill itself is held in by screws and four clips. Took me about 30 minutes or so to take it off, the pop-its get stiff when they get dirty.

However, I've seen a couple people on here that Plasti-coat'd in place and just masked off the front of the car.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
Curious how your hitch swap went. I want to install a 2" as mine came with the 1.25". Any issues with the swap? I read somewhere on this forum that the dealer 1.25" install deletes some of the stock impact pieces? Thanks!
Pretty easy swap. If replacing a factory Subaru hitch the bumper beam and foam absorber will have been removed and will need to be replaced if removing it or installing any other hitch in its place. At least the bumper beam for sure. I didn't replace the absorber on mine.

I posted more about it earlier in this thread:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.0 Diesel
12 Posts
I've remove my bumper on my '11 Legacy when I first got that car.... That one was easier, but this one is by no means hard. There are some good youtube vid's on how to do it, it is basically pop-its (top and bottom) and clips on both sides. The grill itself is held in by screws and four clips. Took me about 30 minutes or so to take it off, the pop-its get stiff when they get dirty.

However, I've seen a couple people on here that Plasti-coat'd in place and just masked off the front of the car.

(y)(y)(y)

I think I'll do the same (removing the grill) ;)

Thank you.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
286 Posts

I would add to this, if you plastidip the grill in place (entire grill): in addition to masking off the outside, getting something inside behind the grill is advised. Do this to avoid getting overspray on things like the radiator. If you are taping off the grill to just spray the outer trim, good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I guess in these slow times of Covid 19 otherwise forgettable moments have to be taken as noteworthy Outback interactions. I received an email last week about my windshield washer fluid was low in my Outback. Forgot about it after not using the car again until today. When I got home I filled up the washer fluid reservoir.

I hope you all enjoyed this episode of "What did you do with your 5th gen outback today?" as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you. Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode which will be: "I drove to work and then later drove home."

·
Registered
2019 Touring (Canadian Model) with Eyesight
489 Posts
Installed the Curt tow harness package. The harness itself, a 4 to 7 way converter and the hitch bracket to hold it all together. I still have to feed the 4 way end out thought the rubber grommet under the spare tire but the rest is done. I doubt I will keep the adapter and bracket during the winter. Not needing to tow a trailer and snow issues, I feel it will be better to remove it seasonally.

A shout out to Hitchweb.com for supplying all 3 units cheaper than Amazon.ca and I recieved it within 2 days.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Crystal White Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
36 Posts
I guess in these slow times of Covid 19 otherwise forgettable moments have to be taken as noteworthy Outback interactions. I received an email last week about my windshield washer fluid was low in my Outback. Forgot about it after not using the car again until today. When I got home I filled up the washer fluid reservoir.

I hope you all enjoyed this episode of "What did you do with your 5th gen outback today?" as much as I enjoyed bringing it to you. Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode which will be: "I drove to work and then later drove home."

I put the sunscreen up today when I parked. There's a first time for everything....

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback, 2.5l, Limited Trim Package, 18" Stock wheels. No extras... YET!
97 Posts
Played in the mud this weekend... didn't even think to take any pictures until I got home (300 miles later).

P.S. For what it is worth, pulled a small trailer (Maybe 500 lbs total) 600 miles this weekend (there and back), at highway speeds (80mph+), and around the National Forest trails... I could not even tell the trailer was back there!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I missed posting this a while back, but: I paid it off. Happy about that.
Got about a year left in extended warranty, and then THE MODS BEGIN. Likely katzkins. Maybe speakers. Considering WRX steering wheel. Considering WRX wheels as well...
What I actually did today: ordered a new fob battery from Amazon. Woo.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
318 Posts
Got about a year left in extended warranty, and then THE MODS BEGIN. Likely katzkins. Maybe speakers. Considering WRX steering wheel. Considering WRX wheels as well...
What I actually did today: ordered a new fob battery from Amazon. Woo.
Congrats, that is awesome and feels great!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
That's a good feeling for sure.
After I paid for mine at the beginning of the year I've kept putting away $500/month instead of making a car payment so in just over 6 months I already have over $3000 growing for when I eventually replace my 2017. If I wait long enough I won't have a payment on the replacement either.

5941 - 5960 of 5972 Posts