Subaru Outback Forums banner

6021 - 6040 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
About to burn down mine to the ground, nothing but a piece of Sh^%#&.
Barely has 70K on it and the dashboard lit up and the check engine ON, lane departure and eyesight disabled.
Went to dealer he said code P0560. but it seems they don't know how to fix it. Never again, going back to Honda CRV after this piece of crap.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So they couldn't find the problem with the additional computer analysis or you just didn't want to spend the money to let them dig into the problem further?
on Friday they close at 1 pm, so I didn't want to leave the car there. They can't give me a replacement car. I am supposed to go back on Tuesday. But I am very skeptical the mechanic is young and seems inexperienced. immediately said the ECM could be fried. he said come on tuesday we will check further, I pray it is not the ECM system.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
... immediately said the ECM could be fried ... I pray it is not the ECM system.
If the ECM does prove to be defective, it should be covered under the 8 year/80,000 mile Federal Emission Control Systems Warranties: Emissions Extended Defect Warranty.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,974 Posts
on Friday they close at 1 pm, so I didn't want to leave the car there. They can't give me a replacement car. I am supposed to go back on Tuesday. But I am very skeptical the mechanic is young and seems inexperienced. immediately said the ECM could be fried. he said come on tuesday we will check further, I pray it is not the ECM system.
So because you didn't want to leave the car for them to diagnose you then accuse them of "not knowing how to fix it" and condemn a whole car company as being unreliable?
I see... :LOL:

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
I wouldn't pay much mind to the offhand comments of anyone there until they actually look at it... could be a loose connection, could be a blown fuse, could be a bad wire/connector in the wiring harness... or yes, the ECM. Wait and see what they find.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Went out last night comet hunting on some back woods roads. First time on anything other than pavement and was extremely surprised how smooth the car drove on gravel

·
Registered
Mine 2017 2.5 Outback Premium Mortegi MR117 Pirelli Scorpions / Wife's 2020 Impreza Hatchback Sport
256 Posts
200+ miles through Ouachita National forest. Had some big climbs and took a 7 mile jeep road that was erroded and rutted pretty good. Wife told me to hurry up and get a lift and skid plates. she was white knuckles on some of the big off camber sections.
FC2CA28D-66A2-4F13-AB81-E9B2DB812B10.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring, 2019 Crosstrek Limited, 2005 WRX
259 Posts
Tried Formula 303 paint sealant (SiO2). Impressed so far.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So because you didn't want to leave the car for them to diagnose you then accuse them of "not knowing how to fix it" and condemn a whole car company as being unreliable?
I see... :LOL:
Danver, I did not say I don't want to leave the car. they said it is the weekend and they need more time to investigate. it was Friday and they close at 1 pm. I arrived there at 11;30 am.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn't pay much mind to the offhand comments of anyone there until they actually look at it... could be a loose connection, could be a blown fuse, could be a bad wire/connector in the wiring harness... or yes, the ECM. Wait and see what they find.
walker, thanks for the feedback. I hope its just some simple wiring or the battery, but I pray it is not the ECM, I really can't cough around $2000 during Covid times when someone like me just lost their job.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,974 Posts
Danver, I did not say I don't want to leave the car. they said it is the weekend and they need more time to investigate. it was Friday and they close at 1 pm. I arrived there at 11;30 am.
But you still accused them of not knowing how to fix it and diss the entire company because it was Friday?

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Premium | 2007 Outback 2.5i
320 Posts
Installed coilovers ... and loving them!

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
120 Posts
Got a text message from my friend in New Zealand, who thinks I am Subaru Guru, asking for help. His car started to display letter (I) on the dash. He said he has never seen it before (or at least never noticed it before) and freaked out something was wrong. Given it is not yellow or red I told him it was all good nothing wrong with the car. Honestly, right away I suspected it was related to SI-Drive - I have (I), (S), and (S#) on my 2008 XT. But my wife has Gen 5 Outback just like my Kiwi friend and she has no SI-Drive on it! Further research on this forum confirmed that while USDM models don't have SI-Drive JDM do have it. So I sent couple more texts explaining how to switch modes and what modes do. Subaru Guru status was reaffirmed

6021 - 6040 of 6079 Posts