Subaru Outback Forums banner

6041 - 6060 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
His car started to display letter (I) on the dash. He said he has never seen it before (or at least never noticed it before) and freaked out something was wrong.
That probably just means that there's an informational message available ('I' for "information"). Press the middle switch at the 7 o'clock position on the steering wheel for a textual explanation. It may be something as simple as "roads may be icy" (it's winter down there, you know). This is all covered in the Owners Manual.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
120 Posts
That probably just means that there's an informational message available ('I' for "information"). Press the middle switch at the 7 o'clock position on the steering wheel for a textual explanation. It may be something as simple as "roads may be icy" (it's winter down there, you know). This is all covered in the Owners Manual.
He texted me on Sunday that they have "polar vortex" of +32F :) Him being from Wisconsin he loves it but local peeps freak out because of how cold it is.

I was able to find on boards here that JDM models have SI-Drive and pretty sure this is what it was as when he hit a switch button on the wheel it would go back and forth between (I) (intelligent) and (S) (sport). Despite me cringing he decided to keep in on intelligent due to expensive gas in New Zealand.

·
Registered
16 Impreza 5dr Sport 19 Outback LTD
29 Posts
.... updated software on my head unit :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yep, a 2004 Stumpjumper Expert ... I'm too old to join the 29er scene. Plus, I like the nimbleness of a 26er in tight single tracks.

I highly recommend the KUAT Vagabond X.
….. agree with you, i still have my truth with me. you'll be surprised how a ht niner handles, suggest to try one :)

Reactions: Marcinho

·
Registered
69 Posts
….. agree with you, i still have my truth with me. you'll be surprised how a ht niner handles, suggest to try one :)
Oh I know the niners handle well, esp for XC. But for what I like to ride, are technical, almost trials like riding. So the sixers' quick steering / easier to stuff front end, and faster acceleration comes into play. A 27.5 big wheel would suit me better.

Here's the OB with the roadies mounted on Subaru/Yakima racks.

BTW . . . I like your "teaching your kid to ride his bike is one of the most precious moments in life"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Oh I know the niners handle well, esp for XC. But for what I like to ride, are technical, almost trials like riding. So the sixers' quick steering / easier to stuff front end, and faster acceleration comes into play. A 27.5 big wheel would suit me better.

Here's the OB with the roadies mounted on Subaru/Yakima racks.

View attachment 489429

BTW . . . I like your "teaching your kid to ride his bike is one of the most precious moments in life"
…. thanks!
btw, did you use different load bars for the roof rack? still thinking if i will use hitch or roof racks, nice bikes... his and hers i guess?

·
Registered
69 Posts
…. thanks!
btw, did you use different load bars for the roof rack? still thinking if i will use hitch or roof racks, nice bikes... his and hers i guess?
The factory cross bars are used for the KUAT basket. Regarding the hitch vs roof argument, both have their benefits. It all depends what you want to do with interior/roof space, and/or use. For me, I didn't want to install a hitch and I wanted a quick rear hatch access. The basket is for our camping adventures with the mountain bikes. A cargo bag will sit between the bikes, carrying the light bulky gear. And yes . . . his and hers, a cycling team. ;)

·
Registered
2019 Crystal White Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited
38 Posts
Took my OCD out on my car, today:

-Purchased a carabiner big enough to fit around the grab handle to use as a secure tie down (I didn't want to use the trunk latch - was worried it might break the trunk latch)
-Purchased Matador camp/hike towel to wipe sweat off me and the car (...it's hot in NC)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yesterday I ordered a 19mm rear sway bar with bushings from SubaruOnlineParts.com for my 2015. Once it arrives I think I'm going to drop it off to be powder coated a different color other than black. I hope to be able to get some time today to test removing some of the bolts for the end links. **Still on the fence about a tower brace...
I've been looking for swaybar upgrade for front and rear to go along with the Bc Racing coilovers on my 2015 legacy 3.6 . could you point me in the right direction .
Thanks

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

6041 - 6060 of 6079 Posts