Subaru Outback Forums banner

6061 - 6079 of 6079 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback XT (MT) & 2016 Subaru Outback Ltd
120 Posts
I've been looking for swaybar upgrade for front and rear to go along with the Bc Racing coilovers on my 2015 legacy 3.6 . could you point me in the right direction .
Thanks

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Just heads up that subaruonlineparts.com also offers 20mm. Last I checked it was actually less expensive than 19mm. Also check out this thread and ask for a code I believe it will be for free shipping.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R
35 Posts
I've been looking for swaybar upgrade for front and rear to go along with the Bc Racing coilovers on my 2015 legacy 3.6 . could you point me in the right direction .
Thanks

There are lots of options for the rear since it shares the design with the WRX platform. I haven’t found any aftermarket front sway bars for the 3.6R though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are lots of options for the rear since it shares the design with the WRX platform. I haven’t found any aftermarket front sway bars for the 3.6R though.

If I'm not mistaken I think I once heard that aftermarket sway bars for the BRZ also fit the Legacy

·
Registered
16 Posts

I bet Brucey would know

·
Registered
Mine 2017 2.5 Outback Premium Mortegi MR117 Pirelli Scorpions / Wife's 2020 Impreza Hatchback Sport
257 Posts

Removed the cheap roof basket I had previously installed and installed a Front Runner rack.

·
Registered
Mine 2017 2.5 Outback Premium Mortegi MR117 Pirelli Scorpions / Wife's 2020 Impreza Hatchback Sport
257 Posts
Love the Front Runner rack. Is it attached to the stock cross rails? Or is there another mounting system?
mounts directly to the car where the tiedowns used to be

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sets close to the roof which i like, but you can adjust it higher if you like.

·
Registered
16 Impreza 5dr Sport 19 Outback LTD
29 Posts
…. installed 20 mm RSB, wife and my son noticed the big difference, according to my wife the boaty feel of the ob was reduced, perfect excuse for the upgrade

·
Registered
17'' outback
137 Posts
…. installed 20 mm RSB, wife and my son noticed the big difference, according to my wife the boaty feel of the ob was reduced, perfect excuse for the upgrade
Nothing like the Boaty feel of a ‘79 Ford LTD at 16 years old!!

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R Limited (1st Subaru!!)
31 Posts
Put a piece of tape on one side, or the other, of the old sway bar before you remove it. Then match it up with the new one when you install it. Then take pics and share.
Yesterday I ordered a 19mm rear sway bar with bushings from SubaruOnlineParts.com for my 2015. Once it arrives I think I'm going to drop it off to be powder coated a different color other than black. I hope to be able to get some time today to test removing some of the bolts for the end links. **Still on the fence about a tower brace...
Today I completed the install of the 19mm sway bar, new MOOG end links and - yes - I used the stock bushings. I expected I wouldn't be able to given the larger diameter, but everything went back together fairly easily. I slowly worked the two bolts for the bushing clamp down, left it for a bit to adjust, then came back twice more.
Worst case was that I'd have to park it while new bushings shipped.

My review is summed up in the large smile on my face following the test ride. Not much different through housing areas and on city streets, a lot less sway if I jerk the wheel one way or the other and quite an improvement through turns and off/on ramps.

I'll add that I removed the old sway bar and end links even though the end links were fine. I wanted all new. Is there a market on here for stock sway bars from 2015 Outback 3.6R's? If interested send me an offer and I'll get the shipping cost.

·
Registered
16 Impreza 5dr Sport 19 Outback LTD
29 Posts

Attachments

6061 - 6079 of 6079 Posts