Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
7081 - 7100 of 7151 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Changed reverse bulbs to led, installed dash cam, scraped all the tree sap off the windshield.. slowly making all the small tweaks to make it “mine” finally will spend some time behind the wheel tomorrow. It’s been sitting since I’ve picked it up on Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
2018 OB Limited 2.5
311 Posts
Updated my HU/maps. It hung at 8/9 and 78% for several long minutes, then all of a sudden the HU rebooted and the update was completed. (My subscription expires in Nov and am not sure I’ll renew as I never actually use the nav and the last firmware fixes seemed to have stopped the freezing issues.)

·
Registered
2016 2.5 Limited. LP Aventure, Bilstein, Rallitek, Pirelli, Frontrunner, Diode Dynamics
118 Posts
Okay then you raised it. Lol either way you can get a squeak if you change the ride height without resetting the bushings.
Yup, obviously. Will be resetting with new bushings after get some ramps.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring 3.6R, '11 Legacy 3.6R Limited. '11 WRX not stock
600 Posts
So much for NOT letting the MOD bug bite.
Very simple install when your watching your youngest son do it. ;)
If you booger one of the pop-its for the fog light cover these are what you need. Guitar accessory Font Handwriting Art Electronic device

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,856 Posts
So much for NOT letting the MOD bug bite.
Very simple install when your watching your youngest son do it. ;)
If you booger one of the pop-its for the fog light cover these are what you need. View attachment 521846
I've considered some better fog lights for my '17 but I'm not willing to give up the awesome-looking round fog lights that have since gone away in the newer models.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've considered some better fog lights for my '17 but I'm not willing to give up the awesome-looking round fog lights that have since gone away in the newer models.
I have an easy solution for that.
Put high quality LED bulbs in your existing lights.

·
Premium Member
2018 2.5i Limited; "Wanderlust II"
453 Posts
White? Yellow? What brand?
Color: whatever your preference. I opted for white to match my LED headlamp color
Brand: Diode Dynamics, Morimoto, SuperBrightLEDs.com, &c....

Reactions: JMiP

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,856 Posts
I have an easy solution for that.
Put high quality LED bulbs in your existing lights.
That brings up the other reason I haven't upgraded. I have the silly steering-responsive fog lights that can't be turned off permanently. Because I dislike them and find them annoying I just run with the fog lights on all the time. Brighter lights or bulbs would just be annoying oncoming drivers even more than I probably do now. I just went with the Lamin-x yellow film and I am good with that for now at least.

·
Registered
248 Posts
May I interject?

I'm often driving moose and dear roads in the dark too often in the rain or the snow
I
'm questioning mounting the lights higher (driving, Amber) but could easily be fog mounted... What are the pluses and minuses on the vertical alignment of the lights!? They seem to be amazing where they're supposed to be mounted but what about alternate mounts?

I'm often at full dark, glossy, wet/frosty roads, with the threat of moose and other wildlife...

Not installed yet... But likely.
Curious of you're considerations

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I'm often driving moose and deer roads in the dark too often in the rain or the snow
I'm questioning mounting the lights higher (driving, Amber) but could easily be fog mounted... What are the pluses and minuses on the vertical alignment of the lights!? They seem to be amazing where they're supposed to be mounted but what about alternate mounts?
Generally speaking, driving lamps should be mounted as high as possible, to maximize the throw of the light beam. Fog lamps should be mounted low, to get the wide beam pattern down beneath the ground fog and light up the near pavement & shoulders. If you mount your driving lamps low, you won't get the throw down the road that you're looking for. And high-mounted fog lamps are pretty much useless for their intended purpose.

HTH, HAND, &c.

Reactions: Kiffall En

·
Registered
98 Posts
White? Yellow? What brand?
I made them white to match the rest of my lights. Didn't occur to me to do any other color.

I don't really pay attention to brand a whole lot. My wife got them for me as a gift since she knew that I hated the halogen. Lol

As long as you get a quality light it won't change how it throws so it doesn't blind anyone either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That brings up the other reason I haven't upgraded. I have the silly steering-responsive fog lights that can't be turned off permanently. Because I dislike them and find them annoying I just run with the fog lights on all the time. Brighter lights or bulbs would just be annoying oncoming drivers even more than I probably do now. I just went with the Lamin-x yellow film and I am good with that for now at least.
The steering responsive fog lights are just The normal fog lights coming on when you turn your wheel. I forgot that it was even an option because I just leave them on all the time.

With decent quality bulbs it doesn't change the throw and the throw for the fog lights never goes up enough to get in anyone's eyes.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Spent a good ten minutes cursing in the parking lot at work; some prepubescent twatwaffle keyed my driver's side passenger door.

Dave is not pleased...

• Angry
Reactions: Marcinho

·
Administrator
1,373 Posts
Time for a 710 change..... Being lazy, but they'll run it through the sprinklers for me when done.

[Off Topic ] Wondering how nice it'd be with the Silver drivetrain in the wagon.... Or even MOAR ridiculous in that "other" white one... Which would put it in the same category of the ultra rare Ford Aerostar that had a V6/ Manual transmission option back in the day... [/Off Topic]

Note, I spied 5x (unsold) Wilderness OB when I rolled in here.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
2016, OB, 3.6R, Limited, Crystal White Pearl
175 Posts
7081 - 7100 of 7151 Posts