Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
7121 - 7140 of 7151 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/ Eyesight
319 Posts
Trip for more paver base. Doing cement blocks around the house and need more that initially thought. Front high, rear low. LOL Only 10 bags and a down spout at 10ft long Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2018 2.5i Limited; "Wanderlust II"
453 Posts
That's too bad, especially when you are the one responsible; however, if you ever thought of swapping out your roof rack with any other kind of system now might be the time seeing how the headliner probably has to come down to properly repair.... just sayin'. hope your find an easy fix for it.....
I've already dropped the headliner when I installed my Prinsu roof rack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Probably not as happy a chore as most on this thread --

Tonight I cleaned out the OB in preparation for possibly trading him in on a new WRX.

I really have mixed emotions about this. On one hand, I really enjoy the OB. I LIKE to go down a dirt road now and then just to see where it goes. And we have some looooong dirt roads in this part of New Mexico. But I just can't be "on the hook" for $9K US in case the transmission goes bad after the warranty expires.

I just hope I can find a forum for the WRX that's as great as this one for the OB.
$2500 gets you subaru gold plus warranty that covers the cvt , assuming that your car still qualifies..

·
Registered
248 Posts

Parked next to one and watched this ∆∆... Fancy it as the pre-market next gen solterra.

If so... Design cues are a'changing

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 2.5i Limited; "Wanderlust II"
453 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got my second new windshield. First one was my fault (slip when changing wipers), but this one annoyed me. Pin-head chip, crack appeared overnight. New windshield was installed and the cameras calibrated just fine, but ouch this was the most expensive small chip ever. Makes me nervous just driving around if something this small can take out the windshield.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Limited 3.6r with CVT
138 Posts
Put in a new battery. Autozone didn't have any AGM Platinum batteries so I went with a regular Duralast Gold, reviews seemed fine and it's got a 3 year free replacement, same as the platinum so I guess it will be fine. Group 25, 550 cca up from 490 on the oem battery that I got just shy of 3 years out of, should be fine.

Reactions: walker

·
Registered
23 Posts
This weekend the wife got a new to us 2018 Outback with the 2.5l 4 banger. She traded in her 2015 Buick Verano. Unfortunately, the previous owner did not know how to detail a car correctly. So many swirls and terry cloth scratches. After shopping around we were so dealership drunk/exhausted we didn't notice. Today we started the scratch/swirl removal process, and swapped wheels.
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

It's the 2nd 5th gen in the house. We really wanted a limited but could only find a deal on a premium. It truly is a terrible time to "need" a new car. Luckily I saved my stock wheels from the 2016 3.6r. Next a tint. Then we gotta find good seat covers. Any suggestions on seat covers that don't suck?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got my second new windshield. First one was my fault (slip when changing wipers), but this one annoyed me. Pin-head chip, crack appeared overnight. New windshield was installed and the cameras calibrated just fine, but ouch this was the most expensive small chip ever. Makes me nervous just driving around if something this small can take out the windshield.

I'm on my third one.
The interstate by me is well known for having random gravel from trucks....
These windshields chip super easily... And they will crack and spread after the smallest chips.

7121 - 7140 of 7151 Posts