Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
One saving grace: there is a one touch hard button that will turn on the front window defogger at full blast to quickly clear a fogged up windshield.
another plus on that front defogger: when it's running, the Auto SS is disabled. Win-Win

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
Just a head's up. I would hesitate to use adhesive based accessories in the car.
Hmmmm. @RocketMan20 - any feedback on that? Has the boat been out in the hot sun with that accessory? Keep us updated on this? I imagine that there are a lot of different heat tolerances in adhesives used for this stuff. I mean, I used adhesive-based door scuff protectors and they haven’t melted on me like the Wicked Witch of the West just yet.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
This is a review someone else posted of the same issue I had:
Wow! I guess I’ll stay away from that seat gap filler with that adhesive problem. So far my adhesive on my door scuff protectors are not failing like the seat gap filler adhesive.

I remain interested in how the cargo net storage product adhesive performs. Looks like a promising solution, so long as its adhesive performs like the adhesive used on the door scuff protector and not the seat gap filler adhesive!

There are a lot of adhesives used on the Outback that don’t get all melty in hot conditions including body side molding, badging and door edge guards so I’m not going to paint all adhesive accessories with the same sticky brush.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
I am using LC20 with 5e changes.
Since I am new to turbo and Subaru I decided to reference Bob is the Oil Guy Forum for expert advice on oils and intervals. Not saying LC20 doesn't do anything but they don't think much of that product.

I am changing at 3K intervals with Motul 8100X-Clean EFE 5W-30 (I am in Atlanta so it's a hot climate plus turbo runs hotter than non-turbo).

Bob is the Oil Guy

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
Cons:
Auto stop and start Hate this, wish I could disable it permanently. I live in a highly congested area, so this comes on very very frequently.

I did not read the entire thread to see if anyone mentioned a sticky disable for Auto SS, so here goes.

If you turn on the Front Manual Defrost fan, it will disable Auto SS. If you run your AC, selecting a mode that includes the windshield fans continues to permanently sticky disable Auto SS. I've done this successfully since the first week I owned my OB in January.

Even simpler, there is a guy in West Virginia who builds plug-in Auto SS disablers for domestic cars and is now selling one for Forrester with an OB solution coming "soon" (after testing).

The Forester Auto SS Eliminator

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
One small detail that's missing even on the Touring XT (well, I think it is) is a finished muffler tip. Found one on eBay that looked like another I saw on Amazon but for less so I risked it.

Had some stay-at-home time this weekend so I went about the installation. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the quality of the product; it is sturdy and well built. Installation was simple, just had to back out all of the 10 mm bolts, shimmy the tips on, using the drainhole for the 6:00 positioning. I thought the elbow of the OEM tailpipe was a good marker for front to back depth. There are three bolts which I torqued down in a three-point pattern. Start to finish was about 15 minutes. I'm happy with the product and it was a good price. Less expensive than the next upgrades I'm planning. :cool:

Stainless Steel Muffler Tips (buy 1, get 2nd 10% off)

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
While I like the look, the clearance with the bumper (heat) and lower to the ground (scraping off road) would both be a concern for me.
I hear your concern about the bumper. A buddy of mine has the same tips on his 2020 and his bumper is fine. Still I'm going to keep an eye on it. As far as ground clearance, I think I am safe because I have no plans to take it further off-road than a grassy driveway.

Update: Took it out for an hour-long drive today, averaging about 50 mph. At the end of the trip, the underside of the bumper was not even warm to the touch. It does seem quite a distance away from the bumper and there is a cut-out in the bumper material. It is a little less ground clearance than the standard muffler but the only risk I see is if you're going backwards because it is not the low spot of the car. I feel like it's a safe upgrade but time will tell.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
Installed my mudflaps today. Weathertech recently came out with mudflaps for the 2020.
That is one shiny, sharp-looking vehicle there. For some reason their website still shows a "Representative Photo Gallery" instead of actual photos. In real life they look much better! Quick question-did you have the factory Splash Guards beforehand?

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
Installed my mudflaps today. Weathertech recently came out with mudflaps for the 2020.
Thanks for posting the WeatherTech Mud Flaps install, Jayray53. Inspired me to order them up since the wife keeps finding every mud puddle in town and blasting my rearview mirror and rocker panels. I installed just using the OEM bolts and the one WeatherTech push-in clip on the rears. I wonder if it makes any difference-the flange on the factory bolts looks to be the same size as the washer on the WeatherTechs.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
I'd personally rather have chrome over having something that looks like a DIY job.

There is no way I would have the talent or the patience to do that work. I would take my car to a wrap shop for such a thing. The good news is I really can't do that on the Cinnamon Brown Pearl color; it just does not look right - at all. There's a reason that Subaru didn't even try to put out a Cinnamon Brown Pearl Onyx edition.

My car's color has been a challenge to get a wheel upgrade, black is definitely a no unfortunately but I've got a couple anthracite, gunmetal and grey options I'm leaning toward.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
804 Posts
1 - 20 of 275 Posts